[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think I'm intellectually prepared to read this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Also_sprach_Zarathustra.gif (25KB, 300x446px) Image search: [Google]
Also_sprach_Zarathustra.gif
25KB, 300x446px
I don't think I'm intellectually prepared to read this at my present age and culture.

What am I in for?
>>
If this is your introduction to Nietzsche, then probably not.

Read Untimely Meditations first.
>>
>>8923138
Start with the Greeks you dumb faggot.
>>
>>8923157
Yeah this too.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
>>
>>8923146
Can't ;..;

Not translated to my native language. Should I pick Ecce Homo maybe?
>>
File: 1381941003502.gif (1011KB, 359x204px) Image search: [Google]
1381941003502.gif
1011KB, 359x204px
I dropped into Nietzsche with The Birth Of Tragedy, can't finish the book because I cant even read 3 sentences and understand what's being said.
>>
>>8923197
>>8923170

>>8923157
>>
>>8923206
waah they criss cross fucked and this is relevant to read waah

kys
>>
>>8923138
Thus spake zarathustra builds on and talks about concepts introduced in his earlier books (and expects some understanding of them), so no. Also if you don't have a good background in philosophy (starting with the Greeks) you probably won't understand it.
>>
>>8923214
They are relevant to read, you arrogant pseud.
>>
nietzsche tl;dr: anyone who uses the word "good" or "bad" or "evil" is the reason why eveything is shit
>>
>>8923138
Finished one of his books today.

It was really hard to understand for me, but it might've been perhaps of a very shitty translation.

Or maybe I really couldn't grasp his prose, but everyone says that his prose was great so idk.
>>
>>8923138
Also adding that his books tend to have a lot of references to Hegel, Schopenhauer the Greeks and many more.

So Nietsche might be a bad author to start altogether.
>>
>>8923138
You can read it like the Bible, in little sections, spread over years. Same for most of his works. Little sections, only loosely connected. That was my way into Nietzsche, and it took about 15 years. In my late 30s I was completely converted.
>>
Nietzsche absolutely requires the Greeks-- I realize it's a meme but even if he appears intelligible you are entirely missing the point. Like >>8923405 said, there's more being talked about in general, but you should tackle a handful of Greek philosophers, especially Plato and Aristotle, a huge chunk in general of Greek thought, the pre-Socratics, etc. etc. Then, instead of jumping into Zarathustra, Beyond Good and Evil, etc., read The Birth of Tragedy. Tragic Age of Greece would be a better place to start, honestly, but Birth of Tragedy is more important and should be completely intelligible at this point, unlike how >>8923197 is struggling.

>>8923170
Ecce Homo is, I believe, his final work, and talks about all of his individual works and the body of his work, but isn't his comprehensive philosophy. Thus, it might be his worst to begin with, though maybe not the most incomprehensible (I can't remember). You should truly tackle him chronologically after the Greeks and a little Hegel & Schope. His books are short and easy at this point.
>>
I've read Parmenides, Heraclitus, Plato, Augustine, Boethius, Hobbes, De Maistre and Kierkegaard.

Am i prepared for Nietzsche?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.