[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering Antigone's death was for naught, as in the end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: antigone.jpg (41KB, 384x500px)
antigone.jpg
41KB, 384x500px
Considering Antigone's death was for naught, as in the end she has no valid reason for her defiance (Creon actually had good arguments), could one say that Anouilh's Antigone was proto-absurdist?

Anouilh wrote his Antigone a few years before Camus wrote any of his books about absurdism.
>>
Before anyone points it out, I know the pic I attached is of Sophocles' Antigone.
>>
>>8920844
Lol how she doesn't have valid reason
>>
Ignore this, I thought you were talking about Sophocles'
>>8920855
>>
>>8920855
>>8920858
Well I'll answer anyway because it's a good question.

Creon reveals what actually happened in the war, and how both of Antigone's brothers were dickheads who wanted to kill their father and then eachother to claim the throne. They didn't even know whose body was whose so they just gave one of them a fancy mausoleum and left the other to rot.

For a while it looks like Antigone, now without any good reasons for burying her brother, is going to give up, but then Creon suggests she should just try to live her life and take the little joys she can claim. After this Antigone snaps, she might not have anything to fight for anymore, but she has something to fight against. She doesn't have some morbid obsession with death and she loves life, but she refuses to live a life of compromises. Basically 'liberty or death'.
>>
read Sophocles' Antigone, what is the difference between that and your version
>>
>>8920915
I have read Sophocles' Antigone already though :^)
>>
You only think Creontes had a point because you're a heretic positivist.
>>
Laws of God trumps laws of men. End of story.
>>
>>8923705
please elaborate

>>8924460
that's only sophocles' version, you virtue-signalling pseud

I bet you've read neither
>>
>>8924460
/thread
>>
>>8924460
>>8925374
samefag
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.