[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What good are books when they have no power outside the realm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: hoose.jpg (208KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
hoose.jpg
208KB, 1000x563px
What good are books when they have no power outside the realm of theory and metaphysics? I've read Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Stirner, Camus, etc, I can meme with the best of them, but while I've internalized their works, my behavior has not changed. My worldview has only become more unfocused, and my nothing nothings as never before. No author has inspired me to feel invested or engaged in life. I can see the poetry in the struggle Nietzsche describes, but I feel no such fire within me. Camus' benign indifference of the universe...I myself am indifferent to it!

I ask you, has an author genuinely inspired any of you? Is it even possible?

This all feels...recreational. Escapism, in the abstract world of productive theory...nowhere and no way to apply it and worst of all no reason to do so in the first place. I begin to believe that the only epiphany to be had in this world is weariness.
>>
>>8919600
Sounds like you need knowledge less than you need a swift kick in the ass.
>>
>>8919600
Read Plato
>>
Marcus Aurelius, perhaps
>>
>>8919600
Nietzsche's whole point was to escape the abstract world of theory, because those people become 'life-haters' and go against the will. He was also talking about how the mind was not an abstract entity separate from body, but continuous with it. Freud took that idea further by saying the mind is exclusively directed by primal drives, and came up with a system.

Anyway, the point is, if u think that Nietzsche is all about mere 'theory', then something must be wrong. You should exercise, interact more, manifest your will, and become an ubermensch.
>>
>>8919606
I have, he's done me no good.

I've no justice to pursue, no arete to speak of. Unless incongruity is somehow my virtue...all Plato has done is cause me to lose further heart in the general structure of society, as his words did resonate with me and I think he speaks true in that the edifice of civilization is best served by a proper arrangement of its parts, now wholly perverted in the name of empty consumerism and conformity.

>>8919603
I think I read that too on a bumper sticker.
>>
File: 1384446927764.png (213KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
1384446927764.png
213KB, 500x622px
>>8919608
I've little self left to abnegate, I'm familiar with Aurelius and thought him little more than a powerful testament to the impotence of man. His constant coping was graceful in its consistency, but hardly inspiring.

>>8919609
Nothing compels me to do so. Obviously I understand it as a superior mode of life, but how do I cross from point A to B? I cannot will myself across, when I've no will to do so. It's like some fucking Zeno's paradox.
>>
>>8919609
After having read Nietzsche, what works of Carl Jung would you recommend?
>>
>>8919628
Suffer more and experience more. I had to go through mandatory military service in my country before i grasped the true nature of many of Nietzsche's words. Eventually life will force you into it, since everything is becoming.
>>
>>8919649
Perhaps but perhaps not, if you actively avoid it. I agree with this guy OP - you need a new reality to apply the knowledge you've acquired to. Sell all your things and go jump on some freight liner bound for god knows where or something. Or rot away into nothing idc
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.