[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about American Psycho. Why did no character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Check em.gif (180KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
Check em.gif
180KB, 404x416px
Let's talk about American Psycho.

Why did no character actually care about what the other character was saying?
>>
the cd reviews were spot on accurate
and the sex scenes gave me a boner
>>
If you actually listen to the way people interact with one another, you will notice they rarely engage in true dialect.

One person will talk about something that happened to them. Instead of asking questions or showing concern over this, the other person will talk about something similar that happened to them, or bring up something tangentially related.

This mostly applies to small talk, but in general people are so self-absorbed that they will even converse about more major things in small ways like this. In this way, the interaction you speak of is realistic. You might think I'm a cynical elitist, but I'm not trying to prescribe any positive or negative connotation to all this.
>>
>>8918371
they don't care about things that doesn't concern them personally
>>
>>8918409
>This mostly applies to small talk, but in general people are so self-absorbed that they will even converse about more major things in small ways like this. In this way, the interaction you speak of is realistic. You might think I'm a cynical elitist, but I'm not trying to prescribe any positive or negative connotation to all this.

yes, i catch myself talking over other people or like responding to their statements with some tale of my own on the same topic, i have to remind myself not to be an autistic bastard and just let them talk, on the other hand i think it's important to share your own experiences with people...but i do just assume that when someone asks me "what i do for work", "what did over break", etc. it's because they just want to tell me what they did and are just politely waiting until i finish so they can tell their story
>>
>>8918371
because no-one in real life listens to each other either.
>>
>>8918371

This book is shit, pick up an idea catalogue and flip through it to get the same experience
>>
>>8918646

Ikea*
>>
>>8918371
Because they were all insanely self-absorbed, and working hard to be identical. That's why they screw up each others' names and identities constantly, and have no real interest or knowledge of each other, and Bateman could get away with what he did.
>>
>>8918646

Edgy as my Malm bedframe
>>
>>8919266
> could get away with what he did In his mind
>>
American Psycho is stream of consciousness, there is never a hard answer as to if anything Patrick Bateman expresses is real or imagined nor should there be
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.