[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you begin your carreer as a writer? Is doing a bunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 8nLFCVP.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51KB, 657x527px
How do you begin your carreer as a writer?
Is doing a bunch of literarian contest a god way to begin?
>>
>>8918014
Either you have the Art in you or you do not; lest most here do not have the talent needed for Literature.

-Renaldo
>>
i feel like a lot of creative careers are a matter of endurance, you just have to keep spamming the world with art until it takes notice. yeah, sure, some ppl emerge fully formed from school and become rockstars, but if that's not you then you just have to grind, if you're legit good you will get a break someday, i feel like ppl who are really doing professional tier creative work are going to get compensated for it eventually
>>
File: 1483211810002.jpg (337KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1483211810002.jpg
337KB, 1280x1706px
>>8918014
Last year I saw Vargas Llosa at an award ceremony in which he was bestowed upon a coveted prize. There, at the ceremony, when he presented a speech, he stated that for any writer, no matter how talented, he or she must spend countless hours devoted simply to practicing their writing. It goes without saying that this applies to nearly every single art, profession, or the like.
>>
>>8918014
-blog until your blog gets popular
-approach publishers with samples of your shit
-write for cracked.com until you get a big enough following to publish a meme book for them
-send studios movie scripts?

I don't know what you want to write, you could start a web-comic with bad art.

>>8918030

For every author that says that there are 10 that say write for 4 hours a day until you are a genius.
>>
>>8918067
I hate this meme.
Sure practice is needed but also a lit degree is the best place to get it.
>>
>>8918084
>a lit degree is the best place to get it.

So? You still have to put in the work to improve.
>>
>>8918154
You're not disagreeing, just like a gym is better than doing it yourself in a park, a ccollege with peers and professors will make you improve faster and better than your mom basement, also the college conections to the industry, plis scholarships if youre good.
Its a no brainer idiot.
College > your mother basement.
>>
>>8918014
>literarian

not going to make it helper senpai
>>
>>8918245
please make helper my literarian ambitions
>>
>>8918238
>You're not disagreeing

My disagreement was with the other guy
>>
>>8918275
Im the same anon.
My point is the self taugh meme needs to stop.
>>
>>8918301
>Either you have the Art in you or you do not; lest most here do not have the talent needed for Literature

I was disagreeing with the idea that you just "had art in you". I argued that with intentional practice most people can do well as writers. Obviously it's better with experienced coaching but that is not my point.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.