[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/vvK3lJRmMxw?t=1240 Is he actually linguistically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

https://youtu.be/vvK3lJRmMxw?t=1240

Is he actually linguistically retarded? How is this clueless guy one of the most well-known contemporary British poets? If we wrote fiction or something I'd be more forgiving, but holy shit if you're doing poetry shouldn't you have a child's grasp of the differences between major language families?
>>
>>8917128

*If he
>>
>>8917128
you sound like a fucking terrible pseud mate
>>
>>8917140

Yeah sure, but so is that guy m8
>>
>>8917128
I thought his Gawain translation was ok.
>>
>>8918766

I liked it, but now that I know that he's so shit at linguistics it's suspect so I'll have to revisit it.
>>
my internet is too slow, as I'm in the third world

what does he do in the video?
>>
>>8917128
Did you see Paxman mispronounce Quixote in the actual thing a few weeks back?

Some of the chemistry and biology ones in the old people camp have been bad, but then so have many of the questions so w/e

>>8920684
University Challenge but for big boys.
>>
>>8920707
can you describe it?

i am really very curious to know what he does that is so wrong. there is no way for me to play videos, since the internet here is too slow.
>>
>>8920730
Look up the novel Starter for 10
>>
>>8920740
can you describe what armitage does in the video?
>>
>>8920766
Gets his arse handed to him.
>>
poetry is boring and shit, but armitage is the very bottom of the shitcrusted barrel.
>>
>>8920776
how exactly?

just tell it, man... I have no way of finding out
>>
>>8920707

Yeah I saw that lmao, Paxman often mispronounces shit, though. This was more embarrassing than that for Armitage, though, imo, as he's renowned for his skill with language.

>>8920799

They're given the names of three ski resorts in three different countries and asked to identify the countries.

The first three names are very obviously Slavic (Mezica, Kranjska Gora, and Straza Bled - they're all in Slovenia) and Armitage *insists* that it must be Austria, of all places (has he actually heard German being spoken before?). One of his team members is on the right track and thinks it might be Russia, but Armitage insists on Austria.

The next three names are Narkanda, Mundali, and Yumthang Valley. Obviously Indian names, but they guess Japan.
>>
>>8917128
How do you even answer questions like this that span such different topics. Am I just a brainlet?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.