[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When agents list their favorite books why do they only choose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1483067129776.jpg (68KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1483067129776.jpg
68KB, 306x306px
When agents list their favorite books why do they only choose utterly forgettable contemporary novels? Are they trying to be relatable to the current market or do they really not know any better?
>>
It's their job to be up to date with contemporary fiction, they probably don't have time to read much else.
>>
Agents are mostly women and women are plebs
>>
When frogposters list their favorite books why do they go off on tangents that turn into whining about inconsequential actions of people they don't like and feel morally superior to? Are they trying to be autistic fags or do they really not know any better?
>>
>>8916627
Where's the list? Shit thread.
>>
>>8916627
Aside from the fact that adults consider things like Ulysses and Crime and Punishment to reside far in their rearview mirrors, agents are trying to give you an idea of what is selling so you don't send them your irrelevant, overwrought crap that doesn't fit what they like to sell.
>>
>>8916627

Capitalism. Money is always the ultimate goal so promoting the "in thing" is the way they conduct themselves. Shameful imo
>>
>>8916627
Why do you even care?
>>
>>8916745
>>8916653
>>8916894
>>8917432
>>8917590
>>8917600
>butthurt women detected
>>
>>8916627

A little bit from both columns.

Being an agent is a job like any other, and it doesn't and shouldn't give you better taste beyond an idea of what sells best.
>>
>>8917614

I'm actually male
>>
File: 1482951870034.jpg (55KB, 337x347px) Image search: [Google]
1482951870034.jpg
55KB, 337x347px
>>8917614
>Quick, what's the easiest way to disregard people correctly pointing out I'm a shitposting autist?
>>
>>8917600
I'm just trying to get into the minds of these people. And imagining myself back in the cigar-chompin' back-slappin' publishing world of pre-WWII American fiction, when you didn't need an agent at all and could send your manuscript directly to Mr. Norton, Mr. Giroux, Mr. Knopf, etc., all of whom were highly educated men who nurtured a group of artists that they cared about as artists and not profit-makers.

It's a long way we've come from them to these ostensible males who say that their favorite novel EVAR is The Time Traveler's Wife.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.