[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really necessary to have pages and pages of details of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Was it really necessary to have pages and pages of details of them playing the gravity ?
>>
>write sci-fi novel about kids fighting in zero-G
>becomes bestseller
>has massive fanbase
>go online to see fans discussing it
>turns out fans are autistic teenagers who think it's "red-pilled" and don't actually care about the zero-G battles
>tfw
>>
>>8916521

>the brother tortur animls and crusifies squirlls
>its a book about kids playing in zero gravity
>>
>>8916551
i started reading another of Awful Spot Tard's books - don't remember which one - and in the first few pages, the protagonist's older brother was beating the shit out of him.

was OSC abused by his older brother?
>>
File: tumblr_n3iv0y3hy71sy6dflo1_500.gif (368KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3iv0y3hy71sy6dflo1_500.gif
368KB, 500x212px
>>8916502
>mom doesnt allow tv or videogames growing up
>socially outcast
>read on playground 1994ish
>find wonderful worlds in enders game, redwall, lord of the rings, ra salvatore pulp
>internet grabs hold of them
>they become memes
>everyone knows the joys that I felt as a child
>they arent mine anymore.
>>
>it's another naked prepubescent scene for no reason
>>
Go back to your containment general you stupid pleb fuck.
>read YA genre fiction
>is it possible this book wasn't perfect?
>>
>>8916502
What? No of course it wasn't "necessary". But he needed a way to show that Ender was actually a better tactician than the others to establish that his being put in command of the space forces was warranted. Also, if you look at the book, he gets all the detailed tactical descriptions out of the way with the gravity game so he can just describe the emotions of Ender and his fellow child soldiers in the part where they are actually fighting the buggers. It's like he wanted to make the reader see that the tactics stopped being important to Ender once he had mastered the underlying concepts in space school. Or something like that, idk. But I think the gravity game served an important role in establishing Ender as uniquely capable of commanding the offensive against the buggers, if nothing else. Card had to show the reader that Ender was really special; otherwise many readers would probably have thought the adults were just telling Ender he was special to manipulate him.
>>
>>8916694
>naked prepubescent scene
I haven't read the book but these sound hot. Any links?
>>
>>8916684
theyre still your joyous memories, anon! dont let the internet ruin them, it doesnt have to be like that! your memories and their influence on you are yours and yours alone. nobody can taint them or devalue them but YOU! CHOOSE TO NOT DO THIS.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.