[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bro, I saw this on a list of "best NYC Christmas movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: metropolitan-movie-poster.jpg (81KB, 580x852px) Image search: [Google]
metropolitan-movie-poster.jpg
81KB, 580x852px
Bro, I saw this on a list of "best NYC Christmas movies" this year and torrented it...holy shit, this is the most /lit/ movie ever, if you haven't seen you should, it's so great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BATPzXjmV_s
>>
>>8913171
It's not /lit/, it's /mu/. The Last Days of Disco on the other hand is /lit/
>>
>>8913326
how is it /mu/? there is literally nothing to do with music in it at all
>>
You don’t have to have read a book to have an opinion on it.

I don’t read novels. I prefer good literary criticism. That way you get both the novelist’s idea as well as the critic’s thinking.
>>
>>8913331
Metropolitan is about posturing and mentally collecting works of media and art as a method of self-realization. Disco is about establishing sincere relationships and learning to drop inauthentic ones, romantic or otherwise. It's the difference between truth and a collage of images that represent performances of the truth, maturity and immaturity.
>>
>>8913171
>>8913326

People in Whit Stillman's movies are way too intelligent and sociable to be /lit/.

A movie about /lit/ would be like Black Books but without the wacky friends and situations, and with an even uglier main character.
>>
>>8913370
uh, did u even see Metropolitan dude? there is nothing about collecting books or art, it was about class anxiety in america, i.e. trying to be "patrish"
>>
The dialog in the clip you posted is really artificial and poorly directed. It might as well be a monolog from the scriptwriter on an empty stage.

Not interested.
>>
>>8913463
>class anxiety on burgerland
fucking trash
>>
>>8913483
ohh boy look out we got a "film buff" here everybody!
>>
>>8913428
>People in Whit Stillman's movies are way too intelligent and sociable to be /lit/.
???? Lol have you ever heard the term "arch narration"? The characters are not overtly intelligent, they only posture themselves as such, and the narrative comments on it with affectionate irony.

You missed the point my friend
>>
>>8913428

>last days of disco

ah yes truly one of the finest auteurs we have in the scene, a masterful contemporary director comparable to the likes of say..ahh...rossini or fellini.
>>
the smoking game is better with joints tbqh, but it is quite good. trust is another good film from that year you'd probably like.
>>
>>8913570

Regardless of the characters being phonies, they are still more intelligent than the average /lit/erate.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L10AJrKTqcA
>tfw you will NEVER EVER EVER dance the night away at Studio 54 with a reserved yet flirty Chloe Sevigny
>>
>>8914375
did u see she did vocals for a soulwax track last year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIyv-PqlM_E
>>
>>8914386
Truly the ideal human woman
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.