[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just started this >mom just ruined the ending for me So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2439.jpg (97KB, 579x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2439.jpg
97KB, 579x676px
>just started this
>mom just ruined the ending for me
So Holden's schizophrenic? Is it worth reading now?
>>
he gets raped by his mother, chloe
>>
>>8911342
I know this is a lie
>inb4 he raped Phoebe
>>
Holden mentions being sent to a hospital in the very first page, not even a spoiler. It's not some big reveal, not anywhere near the point of the book.
>Schizophrenic
That's just like her opinion man. a shitty pleb opinion
You'd need to read a paragraph to spoil this book. Even then you can't really.
>>
>>8911359
because of how bad it is, right?
>>
>>8911362
that would be funny, if it made sense as a joke or was correct.
DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT CATCHER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8911359
See, that's what I thought. I assumed Holden was just self destructive and depressed. I made friends with a real Schizophrenic and she was fucking nuts and mentally screwed me up untill I should've gotten therapy. Holden seems to have a pessimistic cynical grasp on the world, but it's still a grasp.
>>
>>8911336
>So Holden's schizophrenic?
No, what the fuck. He is in a mental hospital, but he isn't schizophrenic. The ending is relatively complex and can't be spoiled in one sentence.

>Is it worth reading now?
Of course. Literary fiction in general can be read spoiled because they don't rely on a super big twist at the end. My favourite books were always spoiled.
>>
>was he schizophrenic?
No, during the time of the book, it was normal for unruly kids to be sent to mental hospitals.
>>
No. He just caught some kind of lung infection but soon recovered.

The real spoiler is that a few years after his adventure in New York he got drafted and died on the beach during D-Day.
>>
your mums wrong.

read it dude. great book.
>>
>>8912368
The events in CitR take place after WWII
>>
He rapes his sister, phoebe.
>>
>>8912540
>>8911350
nice try
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.