[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i write a thing i've always wanted to do like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: an asshole.jpg (77KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
an asshole.jpg
77KB, 600x336px
how do i write a thing

i've always wanted to do like a page a day but my writing isn't good yet and may never be and that's demotivating to me

also i secretly want to get rich and famous and despite wanting to use writing as a means of self-expression it also feels pointless if i don't have anyone to impress
>>
>no replies
it's because i'm secretly better than all of you, isn't it?
>>
>>8909855

Thats not why ya silly. It's usually slow on Saturdays, more so on New Years Eve (which by the way, Happy New Years). So the rate of or willingness to respond will be slow.

How to write a page a day? Well if it hasn't been working so far, maybe change the concept a little? 'Every day I will write about "this" or "that"? You can start purely descriptive, then edit out all the boring shit. If you feel yourself getting bored halfway through, begin to include some of those intrusive thoughts.

Kind of like when I realize I should get off an image-board on New Years..

But back to the subject at hand. Things are hard to do because they seem harder to carry out than they actually are to perform. This seems like a total banality, but it becomes scarily true once you realize that 'that' feeling of "god, its gonna suck finishing this. Or doing 'that' next" never goes away, even as you're doing the thing.

It can eventually diminish overtime as you get better (when it becomes more of a habit, it becomes 'less' of an activity you have to consciously make happen), but it never fully goes away. Sometimes coffee or booze helps to block that voice out, but it comes back. But that voice is necessary to the process. If you sitting down and moving pen is one hand, you're nagging procrastinating voice is the other to a dance you'll be playing with awhile.
>>
>>8910056
Not him, but i find this is really helpful, man. THX A LOT.
>>
>>8910056
Thanks anon, that was awesome.
>>
>>8909812
how about instead of trying to be cool, do something you actually like

have you ever heard the joke about the drowning guy and God?
>>
>>8909812
duuude are you me?? we hv the exact same problem
>>
>>8911837
not OP but how does it go?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.