[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.buzzfeed.com/isaacfitzg erald/these-writers-are-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: leslie jones.jpg (85KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
leslie jones.jpg
85KB, 1200x802px
https://www.buzzfeed.com/isaacfitzgerald/these-writers-are-not-to-be-missed?utm_term=.inrEWoLem4#.ehQMx9DW3B

Wow, really made me think. When did black people become such literary masters? To think, we've been holding them back from their genius in letters for all these years
>>
Pop it. Don't lock it. This is your chance now shock it. Ooo yeah. Do it. This is your time! This is your night! YEEEEEEAH
>>
File: 1483134206865.gif (4MB, 473x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483134206865.gif
4MB, 473x360px
>>8908254
>we've
>>
File: not racis'.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
not racis'.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
>>8908254
>mfw every single person on the list is a non cis-white male

It's beautiful
>>
Missed in a dark room
>>
>written by a white male
>>
It's Buzzfeed, just ignore it.
>>
They truly can only write about race.
Spooky
>>
>>8908269
the jews are the enemy of the black man

they control the tv which is making kids gay
>>
>>8908254
Thinking about race is the peak of nigger intellect. It's quite funny.
>>
I genuinely have no problem with the article, because I haven't read and I don't intend to.

OP on the otherhand feels some insane obligation to read it for me and post it here, because OP is a faggot who can't seem to stay away from his late teen targeted clickbait.
Kys desu.
>>
I know Americans love collapsing various ethnic identities into “white people” and “black people,” but this is ridiculous. Just because “African-American” is an ethnicity unto itself, does not mean that all black people elsewhere share such a unified identity and experience. Edwidge Danticat and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie are as different from Toni Morrison and Colin Whitehead as Margaret Atwood is from Leo Tolstoy. Grouping them all together in such a way is reductive.
>>
>Is your favorite contemporary black author not on this list? Tell us in the comments below!

They did it on purpose goddammit.
>>
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jarrylee/the-best-literary-debuts-of-2016

>primarily black people
>mostly women
>only white males are gay
What did they mean by this?
>>
File: cutie_saya.jpg (37KB, 335x594px) Image search: [Google]
cutie_saya.jpg
37KB, 335x594px
>>8908426
the burgers mind are simple ones.
they literally can only think of terms of white and black (lel)
>>
>>8908254
You guys have no idea if any of these writers are shit or not. I get that it's a buzzfeed article but this is just as stupid as SJW's blowing off classic writers for being cis white males.
>>
>>8908447
straight white males never produce anything of any literary merit because all their problems aren't real. Oh and their inherently racist
>>
>>8908254
WE WUZZ KANGAZ AND WRITAZ
>>
>>8908464

>You guys have no idea if any of these writers are shit or not.

We're allowed to take an educated guess.
>>
Lmao, the first author should be read because her book is being made into a TV show. Jesus Christ.

Why is Toni Morrisson on the list? Isn't she read in every high school in America?

Marlon James is good and I'm excited to read Paul Beatty's The Sellout. Edwidge Danticat sounded interesting from her description but she writes YA, so I can only imagine how watered down her themes are. I've read Adichie; half of The Thing Around Your Neck. The premises of the stories were interesting but I found her prose really bland. Also, I've read and heard (from mostly liberal sources) that Colson Whitehead's newest book about the Underground Railroad is absolute shit, a trite cash in on the white obsession with feeling bad about black people.

>>8908426
It's fucking absurd to group all these authors together based only on skin color. Reductive is exactly what it is. They all share an affinity based on skin color, sure, but it's diluting their personal cultural identity into one singular thing - their fucking skin color. It's these retarded misguided white liberals that make all white liberals look like they're frothing at the mouth for white guilt.
>>
File: 1477239832672.png (222KB, 443x750px) Image search: [Google]
1477239832672.png
222KB, 443x750px
>>8908464

>They all share an affinity based on skin color, sure, but it's diluting their personal cultural identity into one singular thing - their fucking skin color.

This is why intersectionality is so important?
>>
>Why you should read him: Hannaham's novels take us on strange journeys with incredible characters — in his debut, God Says No, a young black gay obese fundamentalist man has just gotten married to a woman (both happen to be Disney World obsessives).

Top fucking kek
>>
>>8908493
I also plan to read The Sellout. Other than Ta-Nehesi Coates I have no desire to read any of the other authors.
>>
>>8908535
sounds like Pandering: the novel
>>
>>8908535
It's like they're trying to rack up as many persecution points as possible. That's literally the only defining feature of their characters.
>>
>>8908535
>niggers in charge of writing
>>
>>8908537
Teju Cole's Open City sounds interesting (I love anything about an intelligent person going on a walk and thinking) but I am wary of him given he has started working for The New York Times.
>>
>>8908535
If Pynchon wrote this you'd love it, don't even bother lying to me and saying you wouldn't
>>
AYO HOLD UP
SO WHAT YOU SAYIN IS
*smacks lips*
YOU BE SAYIN
*throws gang signs*
SO YOU B SAYIN
*robs a bank*
THAT WE
*beats up Trump supporter*
WE IS
*grabs crotch*
THAT WE BE
*complains about slavery*
WRITERS N SHIEEEEEEEEET

SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>>
>>8908565
I was thinking when I read the description that it sounded like something out of a Pynchon novel. If the book doesn't take itself seriously it could be really fucking funny.
>>
File: No way.png (179KB, 392x373px) Image search: [Google]
No way.png
179KB, 392x373px
>>8908535

>a young black gay obese fundamentalist man
>>
File: bbd.jpg (20KB, 415x250px) Image search: [Google]
bbd.jpg
20KB, 415x250px
>>8908535
I never understood the obsession with Disney. Some decent films but the level of devotion by many is astounding
>>
>>8908596
Probably some sort of childhood fulfillment issues.
>>
>>8908590
I've read the first chapter. It's 100% sincere.
>>
>>8908621
Is it interesting or good at all?
>>
>>8908510
>This is why intersectionality is so important?
Do elaborate
>>
>>8908565
I still wouldn't
Don't project, it's impolite
>>
>>8908629
No
>>
>>8908629
It's a sincere story about a fundamentalist gay obese black man
What the fuck do you think?
>>
>>8908254
Marlon James, Paul Beatty, and Toni Morrison are all of note.

The rest are just inclusivity for the sake of it.
>>
>>8908563
I'm not expecting anything profound from the excerpts I've seen, but I'd be interested in your opinion if you get around to it.
>>
>>8908270
They've titled it wrong.

Title
>22 Contemporary Authors You Absolutely Should Be Reading
But at the bottom it says
>Is your favorite contemporary black author not on this list? Tell us in the comments below!
>>
File: 1483050967974.jpg (45KB, 740x721px) Image search: [Google]
1483050967974.jpg
45KB, 740x721px
>>8908535
>young black gay obese fundamentalist man has just gotten married to a woman
>>
>>8908638
I think he means intersectuonality is important so we don't group people into arbitrary labels like "black" or "white" or "straight" or "gay" and that's it. I'm not sure, I've only heard super feminists use the term intersectuonality so I'm not very familiar with it, but from my understanding it's looking at and valuing every facet of a person's identity.
>>
File: IMG_1464.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1464.png
34KB, 633x758px
>>8908673
>young gay black obese fundememtalists are getting married while I don't have a gf
>>
File: 960.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
>>8908673
>young black gay obese fundamentalist man has just gotten married to a woman
>>
>>8908653
Okay okay true
>>8908661
I'll let you know - I read mostly novellas during the semester, so it might not be a bad thing to try and read. If I do make a thread about it, it won't be for like three months.
>>
>>8908493
>Paul Beatty's The Sellout.
I'll probably read this, too. The White Boy Shuffle was great, although I read it when it was new-ish and hadn't had my mind twisted by /lit/ yet. Tuff was derivative and surely just written to appease the publisher, or just a cash grab, though. I'm interested in something he's spent this much time on.
>>
>>8908475
>they're*
Nice b8 tho
>>
>>8908406
u first xd
>>
If black authors get listed via affirmative action, then I shall make it my duty to avoid all black authored works.
>>
>>8908426

yeah I sure hate how *all* americans are only capable of grouping people by one generalized category!
>>
>>8908707
At least read Sowell
>>
>>8908430
huehuehuehue
>>
>>8908724
:^)
>>
>>8908596
Nostalgia and saccharine manichean narratives. Good and evil are always easily understood, and happiness and love always triumphs
>>
>>8908462
Is this anime good?
>>
>>8908671
Shhhh *wink*
>>
>>8908726
I must compensate for affirmative action. That means cold turkey. Sorry Sowell.
>>
>>8908680
I kek'd
>>
>>8908751
It's the best clickbait for here because even the author is in on it.
>>
File: pinotnoir.jpg (42KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
pinotnoir.jpg
42KB, 625x415px
>>8908535
How long until Tina Fey sues for plagiarism?
>>
>>8908254
Black people aren't literary masters. They're people. You pandering dipshit.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.