[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have just read this. Can you tell me why is it so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: To_Kill_a_Mockingbird.jpg (36KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
To_Kill_a_Mockingbird.jpg
36KB, 271x400px
I have just read this. Can you tell me why is it so good? I am not form US.
>>
it's kinda cute
>>
used to teach kids racism is bad and retards aren't scary
otherwise its not that great
>>
>>8908023
Yes, like Toy Story.
>>
>>8908021
shit book
>>
>>8908021
It's kino.
>>
>>8908021
I love how at the end of this book nothing is actually resolved but people think it has a happy ending because dad tucks the main character into bed and tells her that everything is groovy

And the book itself shows no ironic awareness of this

Literally Narcissism: the Book
>>
>>8908025
>used to teach kids racism is bad and retards aren't scary
This. Vapid garbage, unsurprisingly written by a woman.
>>
It's fine. Simplicity is not a failing.
>>
>>8908021
muh racism

That's it. In America we spend most of school reading books about why racism is bad. They don't give a shit about the canon.
>>
>>8908582
fucking pseud
>>
>>8908591
I went to high school in America and can confirm they only teach worthless books.

No Bible or Dante (muh religion), no Greeks (except maybe Homer), no Shakespeare, no Romans.

Vacuous shit like Dickens, Fitzgerald, Hemingway, and Orwell are all you get as an American
>>
>>8908700
My mother is a 4th grade teacher. With coaxing, I convinced her to buy various classics retold for children. Students leave her class all having at least some grasp of who Shakespeare was and some of the stories he wrote.
>>
>>8908700
Yeah I took AP (supposed to be college level, in case you're not from the US and don't know the term) english classes in supposedly one of the best funded and highest ranked public school districts in the country, and we never read Shakespeare OR Homer OR any Romans OR Dante. The oldest book I remember reading was Great Gatsby. Everything else was shit like Kite Runner.
>>
>>8908768
Also had a similar experience except we studied two shakespeare plays in HS, Macbeth and Hamlet
>>
>>8908786
In my shitty public high school we read Plato, Socrates, and Shakespeare (Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.