[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>novel is dead and culturally irrelevant >movies are dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1444992503806.jpg (119KB, 600x618px) Image search: [Google]
1444992503806.jpg
119KB, 600x618px
>novel is dead and culturally irrelevant
>movies are dead and culturally irrelevant
>fiction writers and movie stars are irrelevant

Are you going to acknowledge the world we live in or are you going to ignore it?
>>
Ignore it.
>>
world has movied into unsustainable hypercapitalist bullshit
we just happened to be born at a shit time for the arts
it can't last
>>
>>8906717
I'll just stay in my bubble of ignorance
>>
File: reading-at-the-cafe.jpg (407KB, 1623x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reading-at-the-cafe.jpg
407KB, 1623x1080px
Encourage friends and family to ignore and turn off the MSM. Okay you like the Zombies, you can tell them, but the news is all just propaganda, do without. Stop reading the WSJ, the NYT, The Economist, (Alex Jones) etc.

Shutting out that corporate crap I think would help people see more clearly.
>>
>>8906717

It's a necessary evil. It's absurd to think that common people can and should have any impact on how our society is run. I actually feel safer in my irrelevance, because it means that all these other apes with their naive opinions are irrelevant, too.

That said, I still hope to create art that soothes and encourages my fellow social and cultural aliens.
>>
File: 1481289569397.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
1481289569397.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>8906717
>typing out "x is irrelevant" makes it so
>>
>>8906749
hey you're back here
are you still a dumb terf
>>
>>8906781
>It's absurd to think that common people can and should have any impact on how our society is run.
Wrong. The "common people" are the overwhelming majority, and will make their voices heard in some way no matter what cultural obstacles are put up - sooner or later a Voltaire or a Blake or a Joyce figure comes along, and changes everything. It's only a matter of time before the next one.
>>
>>8906806
>Voltaire
>Blake
>Joyce
>accessible to the common person
???
>>
>>8906717

Your second statement is obviously false though, and you've shoehorned it in in order to buttress your chauvinism. People make their image choices for reasons. You somehow imagine yourself as sage, knowing, like the subject of the picture is supposed to appear. But it ain't so.

>>8906749

You are not welcome back at this site, and you are just as stupid as you have ever been. Just the other day, I was thinking that I hadn't seen any posts in recent months with your turd of a trip besmirching them, and being very glad of it. Stop posting and leave.
>>
>>8906812
At the time, absolutely. Even now Songs of Innocence and Experience or Dubliners aren't exactly stumpers, and deal with some highly relatable aspects of basic human existance.
>>
>>8906806

I think you'd be hard pressed to prove that any of those names changed anything about the way people lived their lives.
>>
>>8906717
People are reading more than ever (although maybe not millenials). What they read is garbage but the novel isn't dead.
Movies are very culturally relevant, our society is focused on consumerism so movies reflect that but they aren't dead. Some mainstream film makers are very good.
Just not true. Why don't you make some actual arguments.

Most of what is out there in media is garbage but that doesn't mean people can't appreciate quality, they are usually just mislead to believe garbage like DFW is "good literature" which turns people off from reading good books.
>>
>>8906844
It doesn't matter what the name is, those were just the first three that came to mind. Point is virtually everyone's been affected in that way by SOME writer or piece of writing (perhaps I should have said Shakespeare), and to claim that such things are "irrelevant" is absurd.
>>
File: 1477707630111.jpg (85KB, 558x523px) Image search: [Google]
1477707630111.jpg
85KB, 558x523px
>>8906717
>anime is the new cultural medium that defines the world zeitgeist
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.