[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about 200 pages in. There's been some good parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: J-R.png (130KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
J-R.png
130KB, 325x500px
I'm about 200 pages in. There's been some good parts and some really funny parts but is it always this...tedious? Like is it written this way the whole way through? Telling the story through constant broken half formed dialogue was okay at first but it's just getting old at this point. Am I missing something?
>>
Yes, a brain.
>>
The point.
>>
>>8906651
Oh okay, thanks. You're probably right
>>
Holy...I want more. Are /lit/'s replies always this witty?
>>
>>8906655
Which is?
>>
Finish the book
>>
>>8906645
You probably just don't have the attention span for it, sadly.
>>
>>8906645
the dialouge is part of the package. you'll see the characters struggling with trying to figure out what is worth doing and the "tediousness" of the book will also make you question that in the end. it also creates a depth and engages you as a reader as you begin to fill blanks to the other sides of conversations to the point where you become part of the work.
>>
>>8906662

Telling people you read a difficult book so you can pretend to be smarter than them.
>>
Broken, half-formed dialogue is how people actually speak.

Lrn to listen in real life.
>>
>>8906697
there's actually a ton to get out of this book including the obvious satire of young boy following his role models and building a conglomerate that strips the pension funds of softball playing workers. there's critique on school system. the school/financial intertwinment, the policing of what can be said (censoring bast thoughts on mozart), and the one size fits all closed circuit programs for the children. then there the thought about art and you see some of the ideas of walter benjamin throughout. sci fi ish ideas including freezing noise and disposing of it elsewhere and dan being lost while being immaterialized and sent thru wires. pretty jam packed with cool stuff.
>>
>>8906645
That's what America is all about!
>>
>>8906727
And success and like free enterprise and all...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.