[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>person at work/school asks you what you do in your free time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (162KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
162KB, 600x600px
>person at work/school asks you what you do in your free time
>you are too embarrased for some reason to tell him/her that you mostly read all the time because you're worried they'll think you're trying to show off or something so you make something up

Does anyone else do this
>>
>>8903456
Never, but im extroverted and have an easy time bonding with strangers. I tell people I meet that I read and its never perceived as negative
>>
>>8903496
>extrovert

You do realize you are the inferior race though, right?
>>
I tell them that I read because I'm too embarrassed to tell them the truth, which is that I stay at home all day shit posting an a japanese cartoon forum
>>
I'm in library school. People look at you funny if you don't read in your free time.

But if I'm making conversation outside of school, I tend not to emphasize it. Thankfully I do enough other shit to masquerade as a well-rounded person.
>>
>>8903497
I guess so, but honestly, I am fine with it. I cannot go a day not interacting with people without feeling burned out in some way, but on the other hand, having many friends is pretty neat.
>>
I am afraid to talk to people about literature because I am not that good of a reader and I am afraid of looking like a pseud
>>
>>8903505
>I cannot go a day not interacting with people without feeling burned out in some way, but on the other hand, having many friends is pretty neat.
That just sounds like a hassle.
Having friends is fine and all but I seriously wonder whether or not so called "extroverts" are not just symptomatic of certain tendencies in our cultural programming that plant the seeds of unnecessarily felt "needs" in people so that they continue to behave as they were moulded to behave. When you need things from people emotionally you can easily become a burden to them if you're not crafty about it. Luckily most extroverts are crafty about it though.

Personally I feel drained anytime I have to spend a lot of time talking to people. Nobody would put up with me if they let me go off about what actually interests me so being forced to play a role just drains me.
>>
>>8903506
Don't worry about that shit. Just find a book you've both read and talk about that.
>>
No, just preface it with something self-deprecating like 'I have no life, I like to read I guess'
>>
>>8903511
>Luckily most extroverts are crafty about it though.
I guess I am crafty, then. I have roommates I get along with great, we constantly have people over, lots of friends in my studies, I enjoy raves and know plenty of druggie people but dont hang out with them outside of partying, my gf practically lives with me. If I want to socialize, I just need to open my mouth. If I want to be left alone, I just go to my room.
Also, I dont need to have conversations 24/7. Not talking to anyone for a day or two is not great. I was writing a term paper, had a coffee break and met a girl from my studies. We talked for 20min and I felt greatly energized after.
>>
>>8903517
fuck why haven't I thought of that
the self-deprecation route is a solid option to preface that with
>>
>>8903521
>Also, I dont need to have conversations 24/7. Not talking to anyone for a day or two is not great.
I don't want to turn this into an ego thing but I've gone years without talking to anyone. I get that the human condition is probably geared towards socializing but... ah nevermind to each their own, no correct way to live desu. I personally enjoy being alone nearly all the time is all.
>>
>>8903534
I agree. As long as you are content, that's all that matters. Socializing gives me energy and refreshes my mind, other people feel drained after conversations.
>>
>>8903568
VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
>>
>tfw third world citizen
>tfw degenerate local culture
>tfw used to be bullied for being slightly good at studies
>tfw parents are only interested in me getting a blue-collar job

I mean, why doesn't society like autists?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.