[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm aware I come off as a pseud, but here goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Hey guys, I'm aware I come off as a pseud, but here goes nothing.

How good does your reading experience have to be to say you read a book?

If for some reason your speed was massively lowered while reading a book, or your comprehension, can you still give a nice little "check" on my list of "ways to impress people?" I'm kind of frustrated, as I'm taken up mental instead of (only) physical collection, which leads to be being unfortunately pedantic about my reading experience. For instance, I just started using white noise AND rain instead of just rain for noise blocking, and my speed (and my comprehension as well-but previously I just reread when I didn't understand.) so it feels like I didn't get the most out of past reading. Does anyone else constantly get this feel? Same thing happened when I started looking up words instead of just glossing over them.
>>
to claim to have read something, you don't need much; sometimes, if you're lucky, you don't even need to know the title. i hope this helps.
>>
>>8902596
no that just makes it worse i dont want to be a pseud liar
>>
>>8902569

Sounds like you are off your meds my man
>>
>>8902603
trust me, you will be an authentic liar.
>>
the first step to becoming more than a pseud is realizing everyone is a pseud
>>
>>8902619
>>8902623

I don't need this shit. I come here everyday, and all I want to be is /lit/ approved. I've given up relationships- friends and possible apparatus for the loss of my interminate virginity. And guess what? I still get shit on by fuckers like you. I post an edgy, "ironically appreciated" teenage girl for you racist pedos and what do I get? Shit on.

"haha XD this guys crazy haha"
"haha lets just deliberately misinterpret what hes saying, I guess that would be /wacky/"

I've dropped hobbies for this shit! When I read lolita I deliberately identified with Humbert Humbert so I wouldn't be just another pleb normalfag. And I haven't even read Lolita!

TL:DR: Go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>8902665

What if being shit on is just your fate no matter what you do?
Ever think of that, tough guy?
>>
>>8902674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXXc8D0lcAo
>>
bump tho i seriously need an out on this its driving me insane
>>
On the off chance this isn't a troll, OP, I bestow upon you the /lit/ seal of approval so long as you can pass this one simple test:

Be able to quote from the book under appropriate circumstances.

You don't have to (and probably shouldn't) actually do this, but if you're confident in your ability to do so that should be assuage your doubts that your time reading has been well spent.
>>
>>8902872

Stop trying to fuck with his head, memorizing quotes is pleb
>>
>>8902879
'Memorizing' something and remembering it naturally when the information is useful are two different things. I suggest the latter as a good test of whether the book was really internalized.
That said, you will look like a cock if you start quoting books at people, so don't do it out loud.
>>
File: 1080472789472.jpg (19KB, 224x346px) Image search: [Google]
1080472789472.jpg
19KB, 224x346px
>>8902569
Give pic related a try. Very helpful.
>>
>>8902893

"Internalizing" isn't why you read books, autist.
>>
>>8902949
I read books for pleasure, but the point of the thread is to provide a deeper justification/metric. Cuck.
>>8902937
Also try 'A History of Reading' by Alberto Manguel, OP.
>>
>>8902988
I can't say any specific quotes from any if not all books I've read.
>>
>>8902988
In fact I can't really quote anything in general. if I like a line, I'll write it down
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.