[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having trouble with my story and need advice. I have something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Having trouble with my story and need advice.
I have something where my character has been married 10 years (wife and child) and his first/greatest love comes back into his life. He's supposed to later kill his family at the behest of his lover (its an occult obligation) and feel conflict/guilt about it.
Is it better for him to loathe being a family man or have gotten comfortable in this role.
I've been going back and forth with both ideas but need to settle.
>>
>>8902448
Both. Describe situations where he's content and then situations where he wants to escape. Life is never black and white.
>>
>>8902474
I was going to throw conflict into both ideas. A subplot I wanted to throw in both versions is him having feelings for a student of his that resembles his old lover. I want the book to have the feel of faustus/gatsby/lolita/lovecraft
>>
>>8902448
>Is it better for him to loathe being a family man or have gotten comfortable in this role.

I think it would be best to focus on fleshing out this

>I've been going back and forth with both ideas but need to settle.

as part of the book, have the character experience and express his thought processes on the difficulties and pros and cons of choosing between the life's.

If you are then asking, which is the better ending route, you can have him decide not to kill his family, but then his first love ends up killing him or something. Or, he does do his family, and then it either ends him getting caught, or escaping, and then more novel end can be him on the run with his old girlfriend, in which you can see if they stay together or things get weird and fade after he actually does it, or he doesnt kill his family and the book ends and doesnt hear from or about his first love again,
>>
>>8902448
Make him chop his dick off
>>
>>8902514
My idea was that he made a deal with a demon to save his parents from dying in a car crash. The first love is a worshipper of the demon who's sent to tell him that he has to kill the family as payment (revival of two family members requires the sacrificial murder of two family aka wife and child).
I want to play with the demon taking pleasure in emotionally toying and torturing humans after it fell from grace . The demon is tearing apart my main character who used to be innocent before he met the demon.
>>
>>8902448
He should loathe it

That way it makes more sense when he kills his family, and it makes his guilt more palpable

The occult first love is just giving him the excuse he always wanted

>>8902474
This may be better than my suggestion
>>
I thank you guys for your input. I look forward to more advice and input.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.