[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, I just found this neat-looking book at my grandma's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5589.jpg (135KB, 750x979px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5589.jpg
135KB, 750x979px
Hey /lit/, I just found this neat-looking book at my grandma's house. What should I expect?
>>
>>8902129
Holy shit you'll trigger a lot of redpillers with this pic xD

Can't wait to see how many you catch!
>>
Bible 2: the bibleing
>>
>>8902146
More like:
Bible: The Reboot
>>
>>8902134
To better know thy enemy
>>
>>8902129
violence, pedophilia, submission, and untranslatable poetry
>>
>>8902193
Sounds patrician as fuck desu
>>
>>8902159
Old Testament = The OT, pretty much everyone agrees these stories were good

New Testament = Prequel films. Hook nosed kike critics and plebs don't get them but true appreciators of art were enchanted by them.

Qur'an = Disney SW. Absolute drivel which only mimes aesthetic details from the OT without really understanding the point of the whole thing.
>>
BOOM!
>>
>>8902234
Actually very accurate.
Explained in simple terms just like Jesus would've. You're a good westerner.
>>
>>8902129
Aunts
>>
>>8902129
The paragraphs in it are clearer than most things you will find in holy texts however their order is rather poor and confusing and is kind of like a dress made out of different pieces of materials.

Likewise you will see retelling of bibilical stories and a fun transition from the early Koran where the Prophet was respectful of the Jews and Chrisitians because he expected to be considered as a prophet by them only to end up hating on them hard when they rejected him. - Surprisingly similar to Luther
>>
>>8902129

Boring incoherence
>>
>>8902234
kek
>>
>>8902732
>folks who still don't know how to read the Qu'ran
It really has to be stickied in every single Qu'ranic translation that the way to read the Qu'ran is with the historical subtext of the verses. Without the text, one just keeps assuming what the book is talking about lol

And no, the Jews and Christians are consistently respected throughout the book. The main event (hello again historical subtext) is when a Jewish tribe in Medina/Yathrib broke their treaty with the Muslims and planned with the Meccan Enemy. A harsher tone is then revealed in the Qu'ran
>>
>>8902234
Testament as explained by Star Wars comparisons.
And incredibly accurate.

Where does the book of Mormon go?
>>
>>8902732
>a fun transition from the early Koran

This. Started out as a peace loving prophet when he was weak, became a genocidal warlord once he had enough followers and power.
>>
>>8903187
mormons book is the holiday special
>>
>>8903120

>folks who still don't know how to read the Qu'ranIt really has to be stickied in every single Qu'ranic translation that the way to read the Qu'ran is with the historical subtext of the verses. Without the text, one just keeps assuming what the book is talking about lol

I have read the Koran which is why I say this, the Koran is confusing which is why Hadiths are so important and why the 3rd Caliph had to go to so much effort to standardise them.

THe fact that you say it can only be understood or made sense of with secondary sources is proof positive of its confused structure.

>
And no, the Jews and Christians are consistently respected throughout the book. The main event (hello again historical subtext) is when a Jewish tribe in Medina/Yathrib broke their treaty with the Muslims and planned with the Meccan Enemy. A harsher tone is then revealed in the Qu'ran

This is a point that is either ignorant or knowingly deceptive. Yes it is true that the Koran does respect Jewish and to a lesser extent Christian texts, however it certainly does not consistently respect Jews and Christians. How they do this is by the following "the texts were correct - and indeed naturally lead one to Islam, however because these people called Jews and Christians arent accepting our works/interpretation they clearly arent """""""""""true""""""""""""""" followers of those texts and hence are wicked and in need of subjugation"

Honestly take a look at Martian Luther and the Jews and you will see the same pattern complete with the same anti jew result at the end.
>>
>>8903187
the book of mormon is the starwars vore fanart on tumblr
>>
>>8902129
High quality paper for various uses: burning, bug removing nose blowing, cigarette rolling, ass wiping etc
>>
>>8902129
the truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajYAOwqwbo
>>
File: toilet stone.jpg (93KB, 596x448px) Image search: [Google]
toilet stone.jpg
93KB, 596x448px
>>8902129
New and improved Abrahamism, now with less coherence.
>>
Yusuf Alì is very thorough with the commentary, it's a full blown tafsir you're getting, some surahs will be shorter than their respective commentary.

If you've never read the Qur'an or the Bible, read the latter first.

You can expect David speaking to ants and bossing djinns around, baby Jesus speaking in the cradle and saying he is not the son of God, Muhammad berating people for not joining the fighting but reaping the benefits, and DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER MOSES.

Also when you kill infidels you're not responsible, Allah is.
>>
>>8903795
What is with towelheads and this awful fucking singing? This shit is in all of their stupid terror videos and it always just sounds silly.
>>
>>8902129
Does grandma dress like a beekeeper?
>>
>>8903896
Why is Moses so important to them?
>>
>>8903699
>Martian Luther

ayy
>>
>>8904140
All of the prophetic figures from the OT and Jesus are all in a line of prophets that ends with Muhammad
>>
File: x.png (53KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
53KB, 800x800px
>>8903398
>>8903742
I'm dead.
>>
File: 14dg39x.jpg (13KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
14dg39x.jpg
13KB, 441x408px
>>8903896
>baby Jesus speaking in the cradle and saying he is not the son of God
bold tactics, Muhammad.
>>
>>8903795
Oh shit I'm going to listen to this while I'm coding
>>
>>8904136
OP here. She actually has four (!) Korans - one of them really old and ragged, and a pocket sized one for when you're operating out in the field. She's super ultra Catholic (as am I), and they're sitting on an end table underneath pictures of Jesus and crosses and Mary and more Jesus. Apparently one of my uncles brought them back after his tours in Iraq or Afghanistan (I never knew him).
>>
>>8903120
>And no, the Jews and Christians are consistently respected throughout the book. The main event (hello again historical subtext) is when a Jewish tribe in Medina/Yathrib broke their treaty with the Muslims and planned with the Meccan Enemy. A harsher tone is then revealed in the Qu'ran

You mean the Banu Qurayza genocide? That's indeed "harsher".
>>
>>8903979
Music with instruments is a sin (not true of all Muslim law schools though). You can only do pieces of music by using the human voice and the only themes allowed in songs are praises to God or rousing hearts for warfare.
>>
>>8904377
Whatever you think of Islam you should still read one of them. Know thy enemy.
>>
>>8904140
So they can remember Moses.
>>
>>8904173
Why the emphasis on Moses over Samuel or Jeremiah or any others?
>>
>>8904391
>genocide

lolwut? There were numerous Jewish tribes in Yathrib. Only the Banu Qurayza were executed because they betrayed their treaty. The punishment of their execution is based on Jewish Law.

Muslims literally allowed that specific tribe to impose a punishment according to their own religion.

it's frustrating there's so much misinformation being touted around
>>
>>8902234
>mimes aesthetic details of the OT
The OT is heavily centered around stories in an almost novel like fashion, you can read much of it like a history book. The Quran is the complete opposite and spreads everything apart, making it impossible to read conventionally to gleam the history or progression of the religion, you would need to completely reorder every surah and lines within surahs before it even became linear, let alone readable in such a fashion approching what the OT does. They are completely different books.
>>
>>8902323
My sides.
>>
>>8905150
How about you actually respond to >>8903699
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.