[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we get another ballin' book from madman McCarthy? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: p_19Z0tV.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
p_19Z0tV.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
Will we get another ballin' book from madman McCarthy? Or did the crappy "Counselor" crush his confidence?

We are currently in the longest gap between McCarthy novels ever. 10 years, man.
>>
Every one of his books is just

>descriptions of dusty mexican plateau
>eating copious amount of beans in between riding endlessly
>spitting everywhere
>every 200 pages an elderly wise character gives a 3 page monologue about some weird thing and the protagonist goes "ok"
>>
>>8901946
because that's what it was like, don't you understand, you mad man
>>
>>8901946
So you've only read the Border Trilogy?
>>
>>8901946

I read Blood Meridian recently and this description is spot-on.
>>
>>8901946

Literally every book besides the border trilogy is not like this. Some are set in Appalachia, some are modern crime thrillers, and Child of God is about a corpse fucker.

Besides you make that description seem like a bad thing.
>>
>ballin' book
>madman McCarthy
>crappy "Counselor" crush his confidence

I do this a lot in casual writing and talking
>>
>>8901935
He's been revising The Passenger for a few years now. Its supposed to be released next year.
>>
>>8902028

My scrotum is inflating in anticipation.
>>
>>8902028
It's supposed to be his first work with a female major character. Don't know what to think of that.
>>
>>8901935
I thought The Counselor was pretty good, desu.

I intentionally typed "desu" btw.
>>
>>8902076
Also set in the city in the 80's and has heavy scientific and mathematic themes, with of course some emotional and psychological turbulence.
Oh and it's 2 volumes, that's why it's taking so long
>>
>>8902238
Could he be making the masterwork? He must know how likely it will be his last after all.
>>
>>8902238

This actually sounds pretty intriguing. Color me hyped.
>>
>>8902283
That's probably why it's taking so long.
The novels have been "done" for a while. They were supposed to be released this year, he even did a short reading from them.
considering this is the guy that spent 20 years on his current masterpiece Suttree, I think he has no reservations with pulling a BolaƱo and polishing his final work on his deathbed
>>
>>8902379

Does anyone else think this is a kind of a stealth cowardly move? I don't think McCarthy is going to do this but I don't really like it that much when authors do.

It's going to automatically color the reception of the work because "I miss him so much" and you don't want to crap on their memory because they just died.
>>
I saw speculation that his new book was only going to be released when he died.
By speculation I mean like 1 person said it once, so is 100% bullshit, but it made me wonder if he has anything that would be released after his death. Like Salinger. I still believe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.