[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good works about dying? I'm not talking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: medium12.png (519KB, 1024x426px) Image search: [Google]
medium12.png
519KB, 1024x426px
What are some good works about dying? I'm not talking about stuff concerned with what happens after death, but works actually about dying. The process, the extinguishment of being, etc.
>>
File: 1447281495553.png (153KB, 308x294px) Image search: [Google]
1447281495553.png
153KB, 308x294px
>>8901017
>you will never know what happens after death until you die

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE WE GO REEEEEEEEE
>>
The Death of Ivan Ilyich. The Short Story Reading Group is reading it next >>8898002
>>
Some guy claimed to have cancer in a thread a week or two back. A lot of people recommended the Stoics. I think a lot about death (edgy I know) so I picked up Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

Definitely talks a lot about the extinguishment of being.
>>
>>8901054
Stoicism is more about how to live your life, not how to not live.
>>
>>8901077
Yeah I guess it doesn't really fit what OP wants now I think about it.
>>
>>8901017
Last scene of Stoner is top-tier death scene.
>inb4 spoiler
you know he dies on like the first page
>>
>>8901054
That sounds useful. I'll check it out rn.

And to:
>>8901077
>>8901085
You're always living as you're dying so it should be helpful.
>>
I feel so fucking trapped I almost shot myself today. I am not fucking joking. I loaded my rifle and was ready to shoot it but realised how cumbersome it would be and then got my pistol.

It was loaded, chambered, ready. I was seriously going to shoot myself today and it wasn't very freeing like everyone says that it should be. Haha, you can take your own life and decide what to do haha the world is your oyster get out there and go do whatever!

I am fucking trapped. My mom still needs my help and my grandma doesn't want me around. We both have to live with her because of my fucking stepfather piece of shit I will kill him before I die. A friend my car was loaned to sent it to the junkyard hecause he ran it into the ground. I have no transportation. No job. No prospects. I have stuff I have to do here that I can't get away from because i am depended on but fucking shit do I just want to end it all. I don't want to go out and see the world. I don't want to leave my mom or my dog or my rabbit. I don't want to leave my room half the fucking time but I keep sliding further and further down a hole I cannot claw myself out of.

Everyone tries to give me advice but that is as far as it'll ever go. One time my friend said he'd help me get a job and we would be working together like old times
He quit a week after that and knowjng I don't have a license told me they needed drivers all along. Fucking fuck. Application after application and nothing. Nothing. Just like my fucking life.

Wait a few years and maybe I can publish my shitty journal. I have been dying for years.
>>
>>8901904
this is not your true story. the chan forces an habit inside of your dialectic process to appear as a victim and provide your neural network with bliss and aceptance, plus the adrenaline of social interaction. u speak in mixed circles; your room, your family, that sensation of trappedness, etc.

your true story must be told to yourself, in the silence and peace of loneliness, and sincerity must be clear as water in your dialectics. stop writing what pisses you off here, it reveals that u consider yourself a victim. stop considering yourself a victim. if your journal is this stuff you are better fared burning it tomorrow and starting over.

recognise power, work not for money, but to be strong. refuse to be a slave of minor things and explore your own mind. be humble and don't let emotions carry you, except when u can control the path.

dont be so boring, dont be so entitled, love more, become stronger.
>>
>>8901024
Your mistake is believing that there is "something" that can go somewhere in the first place.
>>
>>8902016
Agreed. There is only this, the now.
>>
>>8902029
That has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>8901904
Turn to God senpai.
>>
>>8901995
>>8902058

Okay.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.