[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a pretty fast reader but whenever I read any sort of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1482941379754.jpg (141KB, 962x642px) Image search: [Google]
1482941379754.jpg
141KB, 962x642px
I'm a pretty fast reader but whenever I read any sort of philosophy i like to take notes, write interesting quotes, concepts etc. This takes me forever to read anything philosophical. Does anyone else run into this problem?
>>
is that really a problem?

comfy pic tho, good shit
>>
That's the proper way to understand philosophical texts, not a problem. Otherwise you are just going to forget everything after you read it, or lose the train of argument if it is a difficult text.
>>
>>8900727
ITs a problem if you are not aiming to contribute to the philosophical debate with your own writings.
What is the aim of yuor efforts? Do you want to become a proffesional philosopher? If so then it sounds like you adopted some good habits, otherwise you are just wasting time.

Reading philosophy in a proffesional manner doesnt really serve people not aiming to become proffesionals.
You go in deep to know the different nuances to be able to argue your own take on the matter when you write your essays.
If you want to simply reading out of interest or if you think philosopy can inspire you or help you with whatever else you are doing, reading it in fine detail is not required and is in fact a waste of time.
>>
>>8900727

no, you're reading philosophy in the correct way. (the /only/ correct way, i'd even say.) the concepts are abstract and difficult and need to be mastered, turned over, prodded, tested, etc. arguments need to be understood in careful detail before they can be evaluated. alternate interpretations of texts need to be considered and evaluated.

if you read philosophy quickly, you might as well not read it at all.

>>8901403
this is an unspeakably uninformed post. what op is doing is required for appreciating philosophical texts at all, not just for "becoming a professional philosopher."
>>
>>8901403
This is bait right?

Not reading philosophy in fine detail is a waste of time. Philosophy is much more active than reading fiction, you're engaging with the authors ideas and thinking about them for yourself. This is why heavy philosophical works take multiple readings to grasp. You will never grasp the ideas if you don't take notes or think through it yourself.
>>
>>8901901
>>8902367
Sounds like you guys are just slow in the head.
>>
>>8901403
What the fuck are you talking about?

Don't take this shit seriously, OP.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.