[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some books that will fill up the loveless depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

What are some books that will fill up the loveless depression that is in my world. A book to escape, a romantic novel that will make me cry and laugh as if i were the main character in my own life. A book for the craving of the bittersweet.

Pls no memes.
>>
Idk about all of that but Slaughterhouse 5 is a good read
>>
>>8898177
Cat's Cradle was even better
>>
File: images.jpg (71KB, 660x989px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
71KB, 660x989px
>>8898170
>>
My mom ask me to play piano just now and since i suck and failed at life i rejected it and she said "its not like it used to be" and seemed all sad and i just walked away, now the dog is howling from not wanting to be in its cage amd every sound my mom makes cleaning the kitchen is like a painful jab to my heart. Anyone...?
>>
>>8898170
I've read probably over 15M words of Naruto fanfiction on and off since 15 years old for the same reason OP.

If you're interested I can link some stuff. I doubt it, but it's relevant at least
>>
>>8898170
OP this is literally most fiction. Incidentally, you've come to the worst place to ask for recommendations for your particular wants, as /lit/ deliberately seeks out the most morose shit it can. Read some Jules Verne or HG Wells
>>
>>8898170
That's Stretch, right? Just read more yuri manga senpai.
>>
>>8898170

Read Journey to the End of the Night if you truly want a take on your life you escapist fag
>>
You want fun escapism? Read Scifi. Some specific examples are the Hyperion Cantos, Wheel of time series (I think they're kind of shitty desu but other people like them), Dark Tower, neuromancer, the left hand of darkness, The Man in the High Castle, Starship Troopers, Oryx and Crake, Altered Carbon, Leviathan Wakes, etc. That should keep you busy for a couple months
>>
File: 1475469680010.gif (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475469680010.gif
131KB, 640x480px
>>8898170
The His Dark Materials trilogy is great. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. The Chrysanthemums by Steinbeck, but that one's very bittersweet. T.S. Eliot's poetry always helps me feel better.
>>
>>8898170
Unironically? Infinite Jest. This is the only novel that works as escapism to me because of its length, characters and different story. Some stories may sadden you and others may make you laugh.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.