[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNW E17GqibI What do you th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: enhanced-12155-1402327723-22.png (301KB, 625x319px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-12155-1402327723-22.png
301KB, 625x319px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNWE17GqibI

What do you think? Is he right?
>>
>>8893823
fag
>>
I got an ebook this week and I must say, it seems to be far better than physical books for sure
>>
>>8893956
I like the fact that you can read an ebook in public without looking autistic
>>
>>8893966
...How does reading a book in public look autistic? People see someone reading a book and they think "Wow that guy looks smart and probably doesn't play video games, he must be a real adult and not a manchild."
>>
>>8893966
I can now read while in bed lying on my side.
If I were to do that with a real book I'd have to turn on the lights and fumble with putting the book on its side.
I think my reading will increase heavily now that I have an ebook
>>
>>8893971
Did you get your ebook for Christmas as well? I must admit I was pretty stubborn about ebooks but now that I have an ebook I really see the appeal. I'd never have brought myself to purchase an ebook for myself, though.
>>
>>8893969
Lol no. Reading in public makes you look like a sperg or a try hard unless you have a very specific apparence.
>>
>>8893975
Got a gift card and used it for a Kobo Glo
>>
>>8893823
>anime

No thanks.
>>
wait a sec what happened to my precious (you)s
>>
>>8893986
>>
>>8893987
noooooooooooooooo
>>
>>8893823
People who buy physical books are basically a low form of LARPing, its embarrassing
>>
>>8893990
What about getting them from the library? The thing with physical books is that there's a way that anyone can get them for free. You want ebooks, you have to buy a not inexpensive device, specifically made for books. 'Tis not an investment everyone can justify.
>>
>>8894007
On the other hand you can save yourself trips to the library by just downloading hundreds if not thousands of books from your pc.
Plus pretty much anyone can spend 80 euro if they really want to lets be honest
>>
>>8893980
Cool, cool. My brother gave me a Kindle Paperwhite. Don't know how they compare but I already love it. It's great how on top of all the other stuff, if you see a word you don't recognize you can just highlight it and boom, you've got the dictionary definition and a Wikipedia article right there. And the battery life on this thing is insane.

Makes me wish I was still in college so I could whip this baby out in public and read like a badass.
>>
>>8894010
Walking to the library is good exercise, though.
>>
>>8894025
I'd rather take a walk in the park
>>
>>8893976
god you're retarded.
>>
ebooks are better on paper (pun intended).

But I tend to break most technology I get my hands on, matter of fact I only buy paperbacks because I'm clumsy and my books don't survive me often. So I will keep on buying physical copies.
>>
>>8894115
They're made of sterner stuff these days. The moment I got my ebook I hurled it to the ground and it bounced back up and landed in my hand.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
>>8894115
You could always get one of these. No more accidents
>>
File: 1480224779911.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480224779911.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>8894115
>tfw to strong to read
>>
File: E-reader Master Race.jpg (135KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
E-reader Master Race.jpg
135KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>8893976

You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>8893990
English professor here, perhaps I can shed an opinion on this sort of thing.

If one is reading a physical book, retention is about 40% better. Even if you were to read on the tablet for a long time, retention is never reaching the physical copy.

Personally, I just use physical books when it is large or textbook. I am not reading something like infinite jest on my tablet. If it's something shorter like the road, then I'll just pull out my kindle
>>
>>8894275
>If one is reading a physical book, retention is about 40% better.

Horseshit study
>>
I buy books so that people who come into my house know that i read (or pretend to read)

how the fuck you gunna get that same impact on your shitty kindle nigga? Just leave it open on the kitchen counter and hope someone stumbles upon it? fuck outta here
>>
>>8894145
I guess it's worth a try, I'll ask one for my birthday.
>>
If you care more about how the words are delivered to you as opposed to they themselves then you are a retard.
>>
File: ajQnRMwK_700w_0.jpg (50KB, 700x755px) Image search: [Google]
ajQnRMwK_700w_0.jpg
50KB, 700x755px
>>8894306
>people who come into my house
>>
Also this thread seems like fucking marketing.

I read torrented epubs on my phone. Suck my dick.
>>
>>8894328
This is why E-Books are objectively superior
>>
>>8894338
Thats good, far better than book fags
>>
>>8894275
I don't know about that. When I read a physical book I find myself just skimming through it a bit since I'm holding all the pages. It's how I read so many books so fast.
With my Kindle I've only got the one page in front of me so I'm more compelled to read it before moving on.

By the way, why in the world would you not want to read a large book on a tablet? I get Infinite Jest since it's filled with footnotes but why would you want to carry shit around otherwise?
>>
>>8894406
>By the way, why in the world would you not want to read a large book on a tablet? I get Infinite Jest since it's filled with footnotes but why would you want to carry shit around otherwise?
People have been carrying around books for hundreds of years. You act like carry 1-5 lbs of book is somehow a burden.
>>
>>8894418
People used to have to walk half a mile to well to get water. Yeah five pounds is a burden
>>
>>8894330
just call the police and say you're being robbed, they'll burst in and have to look at your books

its a flawless plan
>>
>>8894328
Very silly opinion considering the way the words are delivered to you impacts so many things like memory retention and reading speed.
>>
>>8894418
The point is, why burden yourself when society has advanced to the point where you don't have to? You could go to the library and seek out a reference book to find the answer to a question instead of simply googling it but I don't see you complaining about that.

By the way I'm actually not sure if Infinite Jest would be better on a physical book either. I feel like an ebook might let you like, pull up the appendix in a new tab and refer to it with a single tap.
>>
>>8894406
Because I want to be able to take notes and flip around easily. Again, just my opinion.

Little tip though for those who actually care--make your dont on your e reader something different like comic sans to compensate for the reduced comprehension. I just do comic sans or something.
>>
>>8893990
>LARPing
What about, books that only exist in physical form, flipping pages back and forth for easier use, writing your notes on the page or filling in the exercises, having a physical library so that if you damage one book (opposed to the tablet) you only lose that book or so that you can easily lend books to other people and so that you can read your book with less distractions that tablets have.
>>
>>8894464
You can take notes quite easily though. There's lots of built in functions like that.

And unfortunately I love Comic Sans.
>>
>>8894542
>having a physical library so that if you damage one book (opposed to the tablet) you only lose that book or so that you can easily lend books to other people

Nigga what? How do you think files work?
>>
>>8894542
>so that you can read your book with less distractions that tablets have
If you're reading on a tablet you have your own issues, we're talking about ereaders here.

The only real downside is not being able to lend books out to friends but who honestly cares?
If that friend has an ereader he could just download the book after my recommendation or go to the library and lend it from there.
>>
File: read a book nigga.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
read a book nigga.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>8893823
Shogo is my husbando.
>>
>>8894589
I mean you can literally send the file to him. So being unable to lend the book is hardly a downside when instead both of you can OWN the book.
>>
>>8893976

Fuck off, go back to v
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.