[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am i supposed to take him seriously when he barely practiced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Nietzsche1882.jpg (14KB, 220x294px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Nietzsche1882.jpg
14KB, 220x294px
How am i supposed to take him seriously when he barely practiced anything he preached?
>>
>not getting your Waldeinsamkeit on
>not walking
at least take the parts he did practice seriously, amerifat
>>
To say one has to practice what one preaches is covering with a thin veil the ideology that these two things are separate. That there is something that you think first and then apply in practice or that it is about something you think that you must preach.

Nietzsche did not preach, nor did he just simply practice some ideas, like one would by following some guide book on life (even if self-made). He lived close to his philosophy and with the conflicts inherent of it. Perhaps it may seem strange to you to see that his body of work was much bigger than himself.

(Not to mention that some people just think he is telling people to be selfish and try to be great then how come he doesn't hit the gym or something, which is just stupid, I'm assuming you don't think this)
>>
you can't force greatness senpai
otherwise you'll end up raped by ideology like raskolnikov
>>
>>8892891

>implying nietzsche can be contained within the theory/practice dichotomy
>>implying that even at that lower level of operation his immortalization within and beyond the annals of philosophy through the globalization of moral relativism isn't the most practically ubermensch thing a half-mad delirious philosopher-poet horse-fucker could do
>>
>>8892919

ur getting there, but you should read a little bit of the earlier, hegelian marx, and realize that for cultural spheres like philosophy, there is something of a reality of the appearance, and the fact that we live with the practice/preach divide ensures its influence on our real practices, whether or not we allow it veracity outside the ideological space it inscribes. this is not a little like how in capital, we find that the quantitative equality of the market, though shattered by the qualitative inequality of production, is less an illusion of capitalism than one of its central mechanisms. ideology is more often like this than how you have suggested—not so much a veil as a necessary falsehood, amounting to an agglomeration of scaffolding provisos or "working assumptions" (to use language more at home in preaching than practice) that never get worked out, only delayed, pushed back, and shuffled around.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.