[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you actually discuss literature with anyone IRL? None of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 12

File: 1482794194293.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482794194293.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
Do you actually discuss literature with anyone IRL?

None of my friends are readers in the sense that I am. Many of them don't read at all, some (despite being adults) read lots of YA romance, and one exclusively reads eastern mythological texts.

Do you talk about literature with people or is it all just shitposting?
>>
>>8892560
sit on my face bb
>>
>>8892560
this question has been posted 57.982 times
>>
>>8892560
I've got only one friend with whom I can discuss literature.
>>
I've recently come to realize that literature is just another bullshit hobby. People seem to understand that when we discuss it, just like I understand their own hobbies are worthless, useless. I don't speak about it, ever.
>>
Some dude started talking to me on the street a few weeks ago and apparently we talked about wittgenstein at a bar while I was black out drunk. That's the closest I've been
>>
>>8892581
>another bullshit hobby
It's probably one of the better hobbies out there, unless you're talking about genre fiction then yes it's bullshit
>>
>>8892560
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
>>8892560

I had one friend with whom I could have intellectual conversations, we used to talk about literature quite a lot.

Then a year ago he revealed that he was in love with me and wanted me to participate with him in homoerotic sex magic rituals. We don't really talk anymore.
>>
>>8892560
that pic looks stinky
>>
>>8892634
What are you, gay?
>>
>>8892634
You know receptive anal sex magic is the only kind that really works, don't you?
>>
>>8892634
>Then a year ago he revealed that he was in love with me and wanted me to participate with him in homoerotic sex magic rituals. We don't really talk anymore.
sounds like a good guy.
>>
>>8892634
faggot
>>
>>8892634

are you some kind of faggot, bro?
>>
>>8892634
just get out
>>
>>8892634
Fag
>>
>>8892634
Leon is that you?
>>
Only my wife, despite most of my friends have literary degrees.
I think I just prefer with her because she's so ignorant on the subject that she's in awe by most anything I tell her
>>
>>8892664
Is she intelligent otherwise?
>>
>>8892664
>marrying a pleb

It's like you want us to make fun of you.
>>
>>8892675
For sure, although a bit slow on the draw.
She's just more enamored by traditional arts (painting, oriental drawing styles)
>>
>>8892634
>>>/r/eddit.com/r/cuckolding
You fucking nu-male plebian.
>>
I have a friend who is very into weird fiction so we always talk about old ghost stories and shit.

my only experience discussing "serious" literature was with some guy who was really into Nietzsche and David Foster Wallace. he came across as really obnoxious so I pretended to have read IJ and just bullshitted from memes I saw on here. probably the only time /lit/ has benefited me.
>>
I can talk a little bit about literature with my friends IRL, but not in depth.
>>
>>8892689

>some guy who was really into Nietzsche and David Foster Wallace. he came across as really obnoxious

that sounds torturous. i would've been looking for a topic change or way out of that convo so quickly.
>>
>>8892664
That's pretty cute honestly
>tfw no gf
>>
>>8892634
Couldn't you have just said "no" and stayed friends?
>>
>>8892936

The nagging knowledge that he wants to penetrate your anus and make sacrifices to Satan makes it a little strained.
>>
>>8892636
but the good kind right?
>>
My gf and I always discuss what we read and give each other updates whenever we find something interesting about it. Then we give each other recs. Its very comfy.
>>
my friends give me recs about books, music, films, vidya, all the time. i just ignore them lmao. my backlog is big enough as it is
>>
>>8892560
Yes: with the hundreds of undergrad students I teach, and with my colleagues. I have more time with the classes (and since I choose their texts, we always have something to discuss--at least with those actually who do their readings), but detailed discussions of chapters or articles do sometimes happen with my editors and other academics.
>>
>>8892936

I said no and remained friendly with him but I guess he felt embarrassed or something and gradually drifted away.
>>
File: frege.jpg (39KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
frege.jpg
39KB, 446x362px
>>8892560

Good birthing hips

Every once and a while the clerk at the bookstore will comment on what I'm buying and tell me I have good taste. This happened with Vollmann, Vasily Grosman, and Mishima

>tfw Life and Fate was too slow paced for you
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 600x558px
>>8892560
No my friends are literally shit tier humans. They're criminals and aggresive, poorly adjusted jerks. Their only hobbies are pop culture, snapchat, getting high, insulting everyone, and trying to get laid.

I only spend time with them because I like getting high and also they're the only people who tolerate my autism and repulsive physical appearance (although they make fun of me a lot). Also because one of them is my roommate so I have no way to truly get away from them.

If they knew I read books they'd probably make make fun of me relentlessly about it.
>>
I only got one friend lol and hes a retard
>>
>>8892560 (OP)

name of pic related?
>>
>>8893487
lurk more
>>
>>8893451
If you want them to stop making fun of you just do something crazy or aggressive one time.
Like If someone is rude in public tell them to fuck off
This will overshadow all other things because it's unexpected and you'll be the guy who doesn't take shit. Or if you fuck it up you'll be an idiot who got the shit beaten out of him.
>>
>>8893496

Found some more pics of her in the end but I had to go on fucking reddit to do so
>>
>>8892560
What is YA romance?
>>
>>8893519
post them ITT
>>
>>8892634
Fucking dudes is the most /lit/ thing possible
>>
>>8893517
I always do fight back, but my comebacks aren't always the greatest. A few times I've just punched them or pushed them hard, but that doesn't stop them. It's cool though, I've been working out and I'm working on moving anyways, so a few more months and I won't have to deal with them ever again. I had actually managed to almost fully cut them off, but then my roommate began bringing them by all the fucking time.

I'm necessarily the only target, though. They have another friend who they are even more vicious towards, and they're pretty vicious towards each other, too. A few weeks ago two of them got into a shouting match in public, one of them pulled a knife and in the end the cops came. They break the law all the time, my roommate in particular has been incarcerated multiple times. He grew up in jail, in fact. Its really only a matter of time.
>>
>tfw my girlfriend laughs at me for only reading genre fiction
>>
>>8892560
She needs to take a shower. Gross. Why would anyone take a picture of themselves in such conditions and try to come off sexy.
>>
>>8892560
Reading is for queers Tbh
>>
>>8893558
Jesus, get out of there anon.
>>
>>8893558
Move out as soon as you can brother
>>
Used to talk to my cousin all the time. She's an egotistical cunt who only ever reads YA fiction series (typically fantasy or vampires), give me recommendations that I MUST read, and never consider any of mine.

My manager is actually a total bro and reads much more than I do. I'm considering reading the book he currently is when he's finished just because he made it sound fucking great. I read a few pages at work one day and I'm willing to read any recommendations he makes
He's reading
>H is for Hawk
>>
>>8893589
It's baby oil. She posin'

And it sweat is sexy in the right context. The best sex breaks into a sweat.
>>
>>8892560
If a woman likes lit, I'm 77% sure I could get her into bed.
>>
>>8893532
Link

http://imgur.com/a/DxExO
>>
>>8893710
Wew
>>
>>8892560
everytime i'm drunk
>>
>>8892560

My mom desu
>>
>>8892560
I casually met this philosophy undergrad chick twice while being absolutely shitfaced drunk. I remember we talked about Frege, Wittgenstein and Lolita. On the second meeting, while we were at the portal of her building, she said that she would fuck me but she didn't feel like it in that moment and I started drunk rambling like "come on, don't do this, let's do this, don't say bullshit" until she asked me to leave. I acted like I didn't remember shit the morning after and she seemed friendly when I texted her.
On the next months, she behave nice when we casually found each other. But last saturday night she didn't say hi when I saw her in the street with another guy.
Also, I have a friend I could talk about some books with, but he barely reads now. Another friend who had never been particularly into reading is currently reading a lot of Bernhard and Houellebecq and we talk about it sometimes. That's it.
>>
Theres one friend I like to talk to about literature, who is much more knowledgeable than me
Also a girl that I just recently found out likes literature too, weve talked 2 or 3 times but I'm not sure shes serious about it yet
>>
>>8892664
I know how you feel anon, I was in the same boat until I realised how narcissistic the whole process was and broke up .
>>
i would gladly smell her farts
>>
>>8892597
>unless you're talking about genre fiction then yes it's bullshit
End this meme now.
>>
>>8892634
>We don't really talk anymore.
But you haven't really answered what everyone is wondering right now: did you accept?
>>
I want to suck the shit out of her sweaty asshole.

>>
>>8894193

Get out of here, Joyce.
>>
>>8893487
jessica 蔡 昀 潔
>>
>>8892560
Never really met anyone who had much of an interest in literature besides genrefiction nonsense. I guess that is what you get when you work in technology and live in a country without a historically significant contribution to literature.
>>
>>8894206
>genrefiction nonsense
Stop this.
>>
>>8894211
It's true though. What am I gonna do when some fat neckbeard starts talking about his Highlander books? It is genrefiction nonsense.
>>
>>8893725
>>8893710
jessicababyfat on instagram
>>
>>8894211
fuck off back to your board and jerk off the fantasy trash there
>>
My GF loves Russian lit. We talk about that.
>>
>>8894228
WEW
E
W
>>
File: 1480535604288.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480535604288.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>8894234
>trying to get my girlfriend into Russian lit
>"haha you russians and your books"
>reads "Me Before You" instead
>takes several months to do so
>>
>>8894247
>Sees girl he saw once or twice in the street
>She doesn't say hi
>He starts yelling in a high pitched voice
>"Y-you whore" he says while his voice cracks
>Stumbles of while everyone is in tears
>>
>>8894246

It helps that my GF is Ukrainian and has read Russian and Ukrainian lit since childhood.
>>
>>8894251
>said she would fuck him then told him to leave
Only a beta would experience this
>>
>>8894291
Trying to force your way in when she says she's not feeling it right now is indeed a really stupid thing to do. Glad we agree.
>>
>>8894134
>tfw remember constantly coming onto girls When 14 "as a joke" because I thought I was being funny even though I seriously wanted sex time and they all probably thought I was a creep perv because I was
Cringing through time
>>
>>8893415
>once and a while
Hard to believe you're a reader tbphwy
>>
>>8894297
>she's not feeling it right

This is bullshit, he was probably making autistic come ons and she said that not to hurt his feelings
>>
>>8894134
With that shit you never tackle the subject of fucking directly. You could probably say Zizek's thing of a plastic dildo in an electric vagina and get some.
>>
>>8894333
at least you tried. I don't cringe when I look back on my advances, but I do when i look back on times I was beta and indirect and didnt directly assert my sexual interests
>>
>>8894349
I never made and probably never will make any move onto a girl, I always feel like a pervert and she will be disgusted.
>>
>>8894340
Not really tho, I was too drunk for that. We had been partying with other people and she was the one that suggested that we two left. We went to a bar near her home, took our drinks to the street and sat on a bench. Then a romanian drunk guy, 40something year old, appeared and I think I was conversating with him for an hour or so while the girl didn't say shit.
>>
>>8892593
Do you know something about wittgenstein or it was just namedropping? I talked to former philosophy student when i was drunk but i am afraid to contact him as i might appeared as a pseud then
>>
>>8894367
I am going to teach you a valuable life lesson now that will hold you in good stead in the future here.

The word is conversing. Conversing is the verb you want. This night would have ended differently if you were conversing with the Romanian drunk and included the girl.
>>
>>8894604
Yeah I know stuff. She even told me later that she was surprised by how lucid I seemed to be about it despite being so drunk.
>>8894659
English ain't my native language mane. I begur pardon
>>
>>8892560
>one exclusively reads eastern mythological texts
That sounds cool, why not talk about that? You'll probably never read it so you might learn something.
>>
>>8894781
>talking with people who take seriously the "le obscure oriental stories are cooler than western ones" meme
>>
>>8894788
Where did I compare them to western ones? I love western myths. But I also realize I'm barely ever exposed to eastern ones so there could be something interesting there too.

Maybe it's the same for OP, maybe not.
>>
>>8894788
Sorry, I misread your post. Yeah the guy he might actually have to talk to could be one of those people. Possibly not though?
>>
>>8892719
>I just bullshitted from /lit/ memes

So you made weird faces at him?
>>
>>8892634
The kingdom of god is found in the male G-Spot
>>
>>8894354
If you approach women as objects, then you will seem like a perv.
If you attempt to connect with them as a human being you might get somewhere.
>>
>>8894843
R u actual gril?
R u attractive at all?
>>
>>8894845
Lol, I'm in a 15 year relationship, so not really a "girl" anymore.
My partner finds me attractive, and strangers seem to flirt with me a lot, so I guess I am.
>>
I've met people with the same tastes.

Discussing literature irl gets pretty boring pretty quickly, desu. It boils down to "oh yeah I've read this guy. Have you read x?."
At best there's some comments or disagreements on a character or style, but that usually doesn't go very far. You don't get heated interesting debates like on /lit/ because you can't take your arguments ironically far, and because you realise pretty quickly you're just discussing books when you could be doing something, well, more fun.

Lasts 1 hour at best before you both want to do something else.
>>
>>8894843
I never really did A because that my biggest fear, but I feel that at some point you gotta make sexual advances if you want to get some and I always chickened out.
>>
>>8894866
How old are you
>>
>>8894843
>If you attempt to connect with them as a human being you might get somewhere.

Not really. Most girls just want you to tease them.
They won't tell you that though (I don't think they even realise it themselves because they tell themselves they want to be taken seriously, but you get nowhere with girls without simple teasing).
>>
I used to discuss literature with my tandem partner. We became friends over time and she showed me some good german lit, specially poetry. She was also into philosophy and spoke russian fluently so conversations covered a wide range of literature. Shame we lost contact when we moved back to our respective countries.
Another friend of mine is an actress and one of the hugest Shakespeare dickrider ever. She got me into theater and better cinema which is cool, but we don't talk lit outside of Chekov, Shakespeare and Lope de Vega.
My best friend from back home is studying spanish philology but he's not really a huge reader. We occasionally talk about what he's studying for class but he doesn't read that many primary sources so the discussion is quite superficial
>>
>>8894872

How about you?
>>
>>8894872
>>8894889
don't continue anon it's a trap
>>
My wife is very intelligent but she is pretty fuckin pleb when it comes to literature. I might try to get her to watch art films with me or to read poetry, but t.b.h. I am fine with her having different interests; whqt matters is that we love each other and and to get rich and have a family together.

I'm in the Army and all of my coworkers are pleb as fuck, despite being in a somewhat exclusive unit there are some dumb illiterate mother fuckers. I saw one guy reading Gravity's Rainbow but I was pretty new at the time and he outranked me and now he has moved on in his career so that's done for.

Among other intelligent friends, one is a chemical engineer and another a programmer so they don't read books, one is a self-serious moralfag philosopher of the highest order and we don't talk anymore, one I am pretty fuckin sure posts on /lit/ Smiley if you're reading this I miss you but get back to work on your book and maybe this time make a fuckin backup, and then my wife's best friend reads books and is definitely attracted to me, a few years from now when my wife and I start getting bored and she is still single pushing 30 we will realistically probably hook up.

thanks for reading my diary desu
>>
>>8892560
I have a couple friends who i discuss it with. One, we mostly discuss the current state of literature, mostly what's wrong, and what it would take to actually advance the literary conversation. She'll call me out when I start reaching/bullshitting, forcing me to actually think about what I'm saying. We also tend to cover art in general. It's pretty fun desu
The other friend I discuss classics with more, and obscure writers that he's found in charity shops near him.
>>
>>8894883
I guess it depends on the girl.

My partner and I started hanging out to discuss philosophy and play chess and listen to records.

Although, thinking back, he did kind of lightly tease me... And I did enjoy it.
Certainly we tease each other a lot now. You may be on to something.
>>
>>8894889

Why are you on this website?
>>
>>8894893
Lol, nah
Just shooting the shit on an anonymous image board my dear.
>>
>>8894885
U a spaniard n shit? Where u at? How old are you?
>>
>>8894903
Been here a while, my friend.
>>
>>8894903
Why are you?
>>
>>8894900
>obscure writers that he's found in charity shops near him.
kek this sounds like he's picking up dudes looking at winter coats and bringing them home
>>
>>8894866
post pics
>>
>>8894922
I'm a short, ugly, balding aspergers virgin with severe physical and mental health problems and no friends in real life.

I can't function in the world.
>>
>>8894894
>Smiley if you're reading this I miss you but get back to work on your book and maybe this time make a fuckin backup
Nice.
>>8894907
>my dear
Are you sure you're 37 and not actually 73?
>>
>>8892560

No.
>>
>>8894940
I just like to be weird, friendo
I like some sort of term for the person I'm responding to (when I'm responding directly), and endearment works as well as any.
>>
>>8892560
Reading is a solitary activity. It's best used for self-discovery.
>>
>>8894952
I like you anon
>>
My mid 20s friends talk about new star wars novels and bad batman comics.
>>
>>8894965
Back atcha, /lit/pal.
>>
>>8894889
butters is that you
>>
>>8894952
>i just like to be weird
t. a scene teenager
>>
Is no board safe from THICC posting? My dick cant take this anymore.
>>
>>8895011
We're all teenagers in our minds, my darling.
>>
>>8895030
You sound like a rapist
>>
>>8895047
Nah, I have a son.
That sort of idea grosses me out.
Anyone under like 25 is like a baby to me.
>>
>>8895091
What's wrong with some shota action?
>>
>>8895060
In what way, my almond cookie?
>>
>>8895109
Whatever *cartoons* float your boat, my friend, but that does not float mine.

Plus my partner is plenty for any woman.
>>
>>8894911
Aye, 23. Living in barcelona rn. What about you?
>>
>>8895120
Is he well endowed?
>>
>>8895171
Yes. I couldn't imagine being with a man with an average sized penis. Those below average should give up on the idea of ever being in a fulfilling relationship with anyone.

He's tall too.
>>
>>8895146
20, living in Oviedo. Pretty shitty cultural ambiance if you compare it to Barna, I guess.
>>
>>8895201
>>8895208
kek'd
>>
File: 1455330164007.gif (2MB, 320x227px) Image search: [Google]
1455330164007.gif
2MB, 320x227px
>>8895190
Fuck, they were all lying the whole time?
>>
>>8895195
You're probably right. To be fair I'm stuck in a wee island half of the year so I have it worse than you then. Asturias is top notch though, I really like the northern part of Spain.

I used to live with a lad from Oviedo back in Scotland, I have never been there so I might go and pay him a cheeky visit this year.
>>
>>8895244
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>8895190
brb killing myself
>>
>>8895190
what about a nice bbc, i got some for you
>>
>>8895238
>wee island
How is that?
Meh, Asturias could be worse I guess. It makes cool postcards but living in here for the whole year is fucking hell. Thanks God I'll have to leave when I finish uni.
Don't know if you'd like to meet with a peep from 4chan or if I'd like to. However, here's my email [email protected] if you want to converse, make me betaread something you wrote or whatever. Feel free to give me yours or not so I can do the same or abstain from it.
What are you reading right now?
>>
>>8895313
I was born in Ibiza so I go back every summer to work. I stay at my folks so I can save it all and fund my studies.
Right now I'm reading for uni, so a doctorate thesis by some spanish broad on the function of language as "apertura de mundo" on Heidegger's philosophy, and Derrida's "Limited Inc". Last fiction book I read was To the Lighthouse, 10/10 one of the best reads of the year.

I have to admit I don't read that much in Spanish, there's a lot of classics that I have yet to read. My favourite authors in Spanish are Bolaño, Borges and Cortázar.

What about you anon, anything that stood out this year? What are you reading right now?
>>
>>8895190
Not me (original femanon/ non- shota poster)... He is well endowed, but also depressed & underweight.
It's not about the looks to me at this part of the relationship.
>>
>>8895394
Why, you little banana muffin, you!
>>
>>8895415
Thanks Lori
>>
>>8895357
I finished Swann's Way yesterday (the Salinas translation) and boy was it good. I guess I'll start 'A La Sombra De Las Muchachas En Flor' after dinner. Today I didn't read shit except for the Bible desu. I spent the whole day lurking the Internet and playing chess online. I should be reading stuff about sociedades cazador-recolectoras en la Península Ibérica for january exams, but however.
You mentioned you were into Lope before. Where do you recommend to start with him? You should check Calderón if you haven't, he GOAT.
>>
File: hgghf.png (199KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
hgghf.png
199KB, 650x400px
>when there's people over 30 on 4chan
>>
>>8895422
Get in the house, Carl
>>
>>8895370
How well endowed are talking here? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>8895490
I dunno man. Would you believe his is the only penis I am familiar with?
Big enough to be painful at times... But then I could be small...
Tell your friend not to worry: it's all about love & affection for many women anyhow.
>>
>>8895432
You study history? My father is a history teacher and I used to "read" all his books on ancient history as a kid and gaze at the pictures. I wanted to be an archaeologist for the longest time lol.

Calerón is definetly on my list, I was actually tempted of buying La Vida es Sueño secondhand the other day. I always try to watch the plays performed instead of reading them but with some classics you just can't. Fuenteovejuna is probably the traditional starting point for Lope. I only know about his dramatic oeuvre but most of it is really good, if a little dated. Hence why watching a good adaptation is helpful.

Do you write? If so, feel free to post an excerpt. I have always thought about picking it up but my attempts have been disastrous. I really enjoy writing academically though, and I've been told I'm good by many professors but it just does not translate to fiction. Dialogue is stiff, plot is directionless...
>>
>>8895518
I'm gay actually and I like big penises.
>>
>>8895538
Oooooh.
Yeah, for all I know it's all about size for men.
My partner totally gets hit on by gay men. He does not love that. I think it's fucking hilarious.
Probably the underweight/ depressed/ deep eyes thing.
>>
>>8895091
you are like a baby
watch this...
>>
>>8895559
>She's not gonna let you have sex with you.
>let you have sex with you
What did he mean by this?

Also I'm fairly certain I'm taking with a dude
>>
File: succ.jpg (14KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
succ.jpg
14KB, 220x200px
>>8895568
>>
>>8895548
For the sex itself a normal penis is enough for me desu, but the sight of a large dong is incredibly arousing.
>>
>>8895533
I write every now and then. Tried to turn it into a habit tho, and I still feel like it isn't too late to do so. Also, I leave almost all of my stuff unfinished and it takes one or two months to regret of everything I write desu.
This is the beginning of a story I abandoned in May. http://pastebin.com/daapuWsj
I didn't write shit since then. Took back writing four days ago, when I did this for another story. This one is still a first draft tho. http://pastebin.com/xviV3ikT
>>
>>8895688
Dunno if you want or care for my critique but fuck it, might aswell:
I liked the second one a lot more, don't really have anything to criticise about it actually. Perfectly sets the atmosphere and the tone fits like a glove. So good work there.

First one takes too long to take off IMO. You spend a lot of lines at the beginning describing the sound of the alarm and the reaction of the characters, but I don't know why it is so significant until I'm half into the story.
>Porque los rusos pueden atacar cualquier día, incluso mientras estemos en el colegio, y la única forma de poder sobrevivir es tomando refugio lo más rápido posible cuando oigamos una alarma y esperar a que el ataque pase y la gente de Defensa Civil venga a ayudar
I understand it's a schoolboy saying this but it sounds rushed and doesn't seem to flow too good. Maybe it's intentional because who's saying it, but it's a key point of the story and perhaps it deserves a better delivery.

Keep on writing anon, the second story deserves more development.
>>
>>8896241
I thank you for your critique, I'm quite insecure when it comes to evaluating my own writing. I have to say I feel pretty much the same as you. The first one doesn't tell me anything when I read it. Tbh I started it right after reading Ulysses for the first time and I kind of wanted to do the 'pay a lot of attention to all the little imediate "cotidiano" things and how do they make the protagonist feel', but I'm incapable of doing it without being boring yet. I wrote all of that already knowing what idea I want to express, but the reader doesn't know. Otherwise, I knew that the sentence from the student sounded awkward and I left it like that intentionally. Maybe I was wrong.
I'll keep writing the civil war one one of these days, I guess. Thx for your critique again mane.
>>
File: 1472509732361.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472509732361.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>8895190
>>
No, the only person I knew who 'read' only read shit like Paluhniuk and LOTR, he was a good guy though
Strangely enough he also tried to fuck me as with >>8892634 but we just never talked about it again
>>
>>8894134
I had a similar experience once but she was an accounting major and we mostly talked about science fiction. First time we met we did acid with a bunch of friends, she was really cool and into me but we didn't do anything because we were on acid.
Then I saw her sober and she was cold towards me and I was sad

But I found out later she's psychotic and emotionally abusive, you may have dodged a bullet too anon
>>
>>8896385
>reads Palahniuk
>fag

checks out
>>
no, just with /lit/ and one online friend. It doesn't bother me at all. My friends are nice to goofing around and talk personal stuff.
>>
>>8892634
He's writing a novel about you right now.
>>
>>8892560
The only one i know who like reading is only into fantasy. -_-
>>
File: IMG_4300.png (910KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4300.png
910KB, 750x1334px
Ya I was drunk as fuck last night at a party and told my ex the entire plot of Ulysses (which I haven't even fucking read). She just kept nodding along and it was like when you can tell she just wants you to shut up and ask her to go in the bedroom with you but I just couldn't stop. I think she could tell I'm on 29 days nofap and like subconsciously wanted to relieve me but I couldn't shut the fuck up about Ulysses. I blacked out and woke up at 6 am in the bath tub covered in vomit with a text from her number (I had deleted her contact) saying to text her when I woke up but instead I drove home, showered, and got on /lit/.

Most talk I've ever done about literature.

Pic related: it me
>>
>>8896532
clean your bathroom you fuck
>>
>>8896532
you dress like a faggot
>>
>>8896532
Black socks on brown pants with white sneakers? Kill yourself sans-irony
>>
I can't read
>>
>>8896542
Not mine
>>8896561
Ye
>>8896642
Socks are blue
>>
>>8896532
that was fun to read
if you dilate this story a little and have some talent you could make a good short story of this, maybe you will write the new Ulysses
The book was intended to be a short story at first but then Joyce joyced and we know what happened next
>>
>>8896822
Sadly, I have no talent. but neither did Joyce, hehe!
>>
>>8896532
Well, did you fuck her, you impotent wimp?
>>
>>8896899
Nope.
>>
>>8896532
tbph if you were 2d you'd look kinda like what i always imagined /lit/-tan would
>>
>>8894901
the female brain, hard at work

m-m-muh introspection! so difficurt!!!
>>
>>8896928
I was correct in my assessment then.
>>
>>8892560
please tell me that butt is natural.
>>
>>8895235
that dude Larry thinks is lying is such a shitty actor. holy fuck. every time I see him.
>>
>>8897051
Brazilian here, I can tell you it's natural indeed.
>>
>>8892634
I have two friends to talk about ""intellectual"" stuff
I really think one of them is bi and wants to fuck me, there were moments I could feels "that" kind of tension
Honestly I would give it a try if he wasnt tall and masculine
>>
FUCK

WHY DO WOMEN HAVE TO BE SO HOT
>>
>>8892634
But was he qt?
Masculine guys are disgusting but i wouldnt mind kissing a qt twink lit boy, just to try, but i wouldnt engage in gay sex
>>
>>8893451
Same
but they dont make fun of me and they know i read books and all that shit, the banter is ok
I would rather hang with them (at least until i get my shit together and start knowing new people) that some group of edgy, artboys and feminazis
>>
>>8893558
look at it as life experience, maybe you can write something cool about all that shit
Like a modernist novell but he tons of action, I would read it tbqh
sometimes Bolaño pulls that off, is cool
anyways good luck, hope you get out of that hellhole soon :)
>>
>>8894788
ignore his attitude, just learn about that stuff, its interesting, mythology always is (at least for me)
>>
>>8895533
>My father is a history teacher and I used to "read" all his books on ancient history as a kid and gaze at the pictures. I wanted to be an archaeologist for the longest time lol.
lol same
Oh shit right in the feels, I usually talk lit with my dad, he likes reading but wasted tons of his youyh following political ideals and not reading
He really has a thing for poetry tho
Since we dont read similar books our chats always end up in ontology sophistry, lel, but is fun
My dad isnt perfect but I love him, it makes me sad now when I see him falling sleep while trying to read books about russia and WW2, he really likes to read about that, but he is really old now ;_;
fuck man im literally crying, i dont want the old man to die, you just get one dad in life
be nice to your old man, /lit/

thanks for the catharsis, faggot
>>
>>8892560

i am a student and i like to talk to literature students about books i have never read (i am certain they haven't either). it just so happens that browsing this board has given me a general idea on author names , and some pretty cool opinions. i havent got any pussy for it yet
>>
>>8896837
Are you sure?
Take some time and give it a time, dont think about publishing or whatever, just try to write something out of it, is a fun experience
>>
>>8897443
Actually very helpful and encouraging. I think I'll do that next year. Thanks anon :)
>>
In college I had a tight-knit circle of humanities major friends and we'd do the typical "sit on the porch, smoking cigs drinking whiskey and discussing lit and philosophy late into the night" shtick, it was fun. Then I went to grad school and had plenty of people to talk to about lit, mainly my roommate .

Now I my lit discussion is me giving long-winded rants to my gf while I'm on ambien before bed.
>>
>>8897442
>i havent got any pussy for it yet
you never will
>>
>>8896532

You could have choked on your own vomit you stupid fuck

Get your life in order.
>>
>>8892560
Who is this
Semen Demon
Jizz Genie
Baby Batter Bringer
Cum Caresser
Lovegoo Lass
Sperm Summoner
Ejaculate Empress
Mayonnaise Maiden
Jizz Jockey
Spunk Monk
Sperm Worm
Sodomy Sentinel
Penile Perpetrator
Erection Confection
Salami Tsunami
Boner Condoner
Fluid Druid
Urethral Umpire
Wang Wizard
Knackers Knight
Prick Pirate
Dong Dominator
Cock Khan
Stiffy Sultan
Sausage Sergeant
Middle Leg Major
Pole Privateer
Shaft Specialist
Pecker Prodigy
Boner Benefactor
Baloney Poney Behemoth
Dick Juice Masseuse
Tallywhacker Smacker
Man Muscle Steam Shovel
Baby Batter Bladder
Willy Ghillie
Butt Hut
Glans Fans
Spooge Scrooge
Ejaculate Advocate
Skeet Treat
Wang Wrangler
Jism Prism
Smegma Savant
Anal Aficionado
Testicular Temptress
Spunk Trunk
Nut Slut
Cum Chum
Testicle Vestibule
Dick Duchess
Cock Sock
Testicle Tamer
Cock Clairvoyant
Scrotum Totem
Mattress Actress
Prostate Magistrate
Penis Machinist
>>
>>8898179
My boy Jake was looking out for me. I was lying on my side facing down anyway. Waking up with puke in your hair is favorable to waking up with puke in your lungs
>>
>>8892661
:O

who are you
>>
File: 1477895730079.png (195KB, 316x313px) Image search: [Google]
1477895730079.png
195KB, 316x313px
>>8894234
>tfw no turgenev loving gf
>>
>>8894843
t. numale cuck
>>
>>8892560
looking at girls makes me wanna jo but i dont think i should jo as much but i like looking at girls?
>>
>>8895190
hurts everytime
>>
File: fSNBFSC.jpg (60KB, 948x1192px) Image search: [Google]
fSNBFSC.jpg
60KB, 948x1192px
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>8899094
She's overly proud of her ass.
>>
>>8899094
Would berry
>>
>>8899094
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>8899253
She's exactly as proud as she should be.

>>8899704
Jessia Cai Yun jie.
>>
File: xi-jinping-chine.jpg (62KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
xi-jinping-chine.jpg
62KB, 1000x664px
>>8892560
Thank you based comrade Xi
>>
>>8892560
I discuss Science Fiction with my brother and a friend from college.
I discuss philosophy and classical literature with my sister in law.
I discuss political theory with one of my coworkers.
And I endure discussions about YA novels with my little shit of a nephew.
>>
I like to read
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.