[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand the difference between this book and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 8524528.jpg (13KB, 318x437px) Image search: [Google]
8524528.jpg
13KB, 318x437px
I don't understand the difference between this book and a 14 year old's first existential crisis.

The only difference I can discern is the language and clarity of thought.

Nevertheless, it is still the same philosophy and juvenile thoughts.

I would rather listen to death & black metal to get the same message than read this.

How did this get published? How did this get recognition?

It should be a one page book that reads "read Schopenhauer"

And yet, what is an appropriate argument to this book and its philosophy?
>>
File: 1482763199548.jpg (15KB, 380x387px) Image search: [Google]
1482763199548.jpg
15KB, 380x387px
le epic poo
>>
desu
>>
>>8891996
Wot
>>
>stance x is juvenile
>cant come up with a single counterargument against x
That's real fucking embarrassing considering Ligotti isn't even a philosopher looking to make a case but a stylist which shows in his writing.

Besides it's useless trying to debate axiology, either you're an unempathetic natalist breeder who throws accusations of immaturity and encouragements to suicide around or not, the universe doesn't contain moral facts that would make either party wrong objectively.
>>
>>8891906
Read Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe and Teatro Grottesco then report back
>>
>>8891906
Book presents you with agregated opinion of anti-natalists and nihilists. You decide if it speaks to you.
If you're an intelligent person you should appreciate learning about views different than your own, even if you don't agree with them.
Bitch.
>>
File: Thomas-Ligotti-2.jpg (46KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas-Ligotti-2.jpg
46KB, 315x450px
>>8891906
Give these a read if you want some more info on Ligotti.

An Interview with Thomas Ligotti
Born to Fear
Conducted by SÅ‚awomir Wielhorski
>http://www.teemingbrain.com/interview-with-thomas-ligotti-2/

The Horror of the Unreal - The New Yorker
By Peter Bebergal
>http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-horror-of-the-unreal
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.