[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a friend like DFW that I can hang out with once or twice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 360_dfwallace_a_0914.jpg (19KB, 360x235px) Image search: [Google]
360_dfwallace_a_0914.jpg
19KB, 360x235px
I want a friend like DFW that I can hang out with once or twice a month, drink shitty beer with, play vidya, talk /lit/ until early in the morning or whatever. Is that strange?
>>
>>8891304
Imagine being a fgrown man and saying 'vidya' unironically.

Follow the example of DFW
>>
>>8891306

> Follow the example of DFW

And write a novel that nerds will read for the next 30+ years? I wish bro. I'm not that talented.
>>
>>8891304
he'd fuck you in the asshole at some point
>>
>>8891304
DFW would just make subtle remarks about how "puerile" video games are as he abstained from touching the controller and would prefer to just watch if that's okay. You would say something about joyce and he would clearly disagree or be disappointed in your opinion but would feel it would be pretentious to offer his opinion and would clench his jaw and look down while you kept offering opinions. As you are a fairly perceptive individual you'd notice his dissatisfaction with your reading of Joyce and it'd be awkward and you'd then attempt a low brow joke several minutes later to lighten the tension but you could tell he laughed only because he was clearly affected by the tension as well and maybe he even laughed a little bit harder in order to prevent you from thinking he was laughing for only this reason, manners are important after all. He'd leave and feel pretty gay that he just spent six hours with another guy and resent you because of that. But he'd probably still hang out with you the next time you called because he has no other friends, except maybe Franzen still picks up. He really wants DeLillo though and you'll never come close to measuring up. Do you even read Cantor in German?
>>
>>8891306
That's easy to imagine. Pretty much all American adults born after WWII act like children.
>>
>>8891331
>>8891494

transferring your own fathers onto someone else.
>>
>>8891304
Sounds queer to me. You should just keep those thoughts to yourself. Forever. You can always post on 4chan about it anyway. That way you're anonymous and you won't embarrass yourself in a way that's associated with your name or facial features. Reddit and Steam are your friends now.

Welcome to the future, kid.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.