[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you read the essentials yet? Come on Disco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (91KB, 840x810px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
91KB, 840x810px
Why haven't you read the essentials yet?

Come on Discord where we will bully you until you read them, and you will hopefully emerge a better person to it. Pseuds need not apply.

https://discord.gg/TE7hR3n
>>
nothing but autistic cunts in there lads
>>
Are you the same faggot who bans people for using words you dont like?
If so, kill yourself
>>
>>8890588
no that was another discord whose admin sperged out and shut it down 2 days in
>>
>discord
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>Zettels Traum

toppest, you tryhards
>>
>>8890582
>>8890598
>>8890611

>he didn't read the essentials

this is why this board is shit
>>
>>8890637
You sound beyond stupid.
>>
>>8890588
that was yozo nigger. this is a different Discord.
>>
>>8890582
you're not wrong desu but i don't see why that's a bad thing :^)
>>
>>8890598
>4chan

enjoy your botnet
>>
Don Quixiote reading group starts Jan 1st in ops link. We are also reading essays from the Oxford casebook for Don Q.
>>
Hey Mortimer Adler why would you skip 1300 years of literature?

Fraud group with turboautists
>>
>>8890547
theres nothing worth mentioning between virgil and dante? really?
>>
>>8890908
>>8890918
not really, not.

even virgil is of questionable merit desu
>>
>>8890547
The divine comedy is really good until heaven, shit goes downhill so fast after that
>>
>>8891015

Odes
Metamorphoses
Prose Edda
Parzifal
Beowulf
Various Sagas
1001 Nights
Consolation of Philosophy
City of God
Conference of the Birds
Rubaiyat

>even virgil is of questionable merit desu
Have you read the Douglas translation? It's a beautiful example of language.

>Pseuds need not apply.
>>
>>8890582
this
>>
>>8891048
all shit
>>
>>8891048
>Metamorphoses
THIS
>>
>>8891028
>The divine comedy is really good until heaven, shit goes downhill so fast after that
of course, you're a pleb
>>
>>8891028
go back to r/books
>>
I'd join if it were on IRC

>>8891666
Satan likes Dante's depiction of heaven? curious
>>
>>8890547
>no Apology
>no fucking Republic
What is this list
>>
>>8891015
The point isn't merit but influence you
>>
>no proust

wew lad
>>
>>8890547
more of a philosophy dude but I'll be trying my best
>>
>>8890547

Someone should put this and some different "starter packs" into an ebook file thing. I was doing it at one time but got lazy.

Mobi, epub, etc. I think it'd be good.
>>
>>8891762
Your right. Go ahead and do it. Thanks in advance man.
>>
>>8892182
done :)
>>
Is this discord thing bullshit? Is it all autists from /lit/?
>>
>>8890547
>ibsen
ill forgive you because you didnt list that overrated cunt euripides
>>
>>8890547
I never realized before how common the title "Major Plays" is for books.
>>
This is the worst list of essentials I've ever read. What are they essential for? Obviously not for understanding the scope of Western literature.
>>
File: w3rds.png (1KB, 93x94px) Image search: [Google]
w3rds.png
1KB, 93x94px
>>8893193
>>8890908

There are 40-50 people on at any time. About a dozen have actually read 200-500+ books, and have insights more substantial than stupid lol omg xD normie analyses. As far as this board goes, kilogram for kilogram, that's a boatload more quality per capita. Also, where else are you going to talk about books online outside of a university or closed community context? (If you actually know, please tell me, so I can ditch the chat.)

These recruitment threads only pull in good members once in a blue moon, but on /lit/, even only 1% of the time is still a success, so I'm going to call worth, autists or not.

Autism/OCD/perfectionism in the psychological sense is a good thing sometimes. Maybe you'd be less asspained if you tried viewing the world in less negative terms.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.