[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/comc/ Day 5 - The Count of Monte Cristo read-through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: bun of monte cristo.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
bun of monte cristo.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Don't nibble this book, bunno!

Chapters 16 through 20

Cliffhanger. Not going to mess about when it comes to reading the next few chapters. We've covered a lot of years in a small amount of pages, along with most of what I knew about the story. The rest of what my knowledge of this book amounts to 'revenge or something'. Goodbye comfy dungeon, hello to adventure and sweet vengeance.

>New poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11965302

Please fill this out so we know how everyone is doing. I stole the idea from the w&p thread. It would be nice to know who is keeping up even if they don't have much to discuss yet.

>Ebooks and audiobook
https://mega.nz/#F!NIcBwCYL!ZZo5gGqjat1yL_-RkuzZFw

>Previous thread
>>8886842
>>
File: Chart.jpg (329KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Chart.jpg
329KB, 1200x900px
Chart
>>
>>8887448
You were pretty spot on apart from the madness.
>>
File: 112.jpg (624KB, 3264x1329px) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
624KB, 3264x1329px
Got genuine emotion out of me.
>>
Checking in! I'm caught up through day 4. Will read day 5 later. I need to get ahead though so I can participate in discussions more, but alas that will not be today. Hopefully tomorrow.
>>
At the end of yesterday's reading I couldn't wait to read today's. This book is really engrossing.
>>
>>8890533
This man single-handedly kept Dantes sane.

Fun fact, Dumas' father actually went through the stuff Dantes is going through here, falsely imprisoned for years etc. There's a book about it called "the black count".
>>
>>8891808
That's not all that fun though, poor guy
>>
In the version I have chapter 19 is literally named "The death of the abbè"

I wonder if it was changed because it's a bit of a spoiler
>>
>>8890399
guy who read this in prison here, i kmew you guys would like it. i doubt you'll be able to help yourselves from cheating and reading it in just a week or so. it's the closest equivalent to a blockbuster film i've ever read. it's an addictive novel to be sure.
>>
So do you guys think the abbe was just a deus ex machina? Will Dante think about him in the future?
>>
>>8891903
I have other things I am reading. I want to read more of CoMC, but I hold myself back.
>>
>>8891885
The chapter names in the penguin edition are spoilery too. Guess it is unavoidable.

>>8891903
I'd encourage reading ahead of the schedule. Much better than suddenly having no time and falling behind.
>>
>>8891934
I didn't get this feel of deus ex machina from the abbe. It was a good addition to the dungeon part, it wouldn't be so much fun if it was only Dantes talking with himself.
>>
bump of life
>>
>>8894520
new thread
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.