[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT post examples of beautiful prose: >He liked dancing with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Turner - Calais Pier.jpg (786KB, 3000x1930px) Image search: [Google]
Turner - Calais Pier.jpg
786KB, 3000x1930px
ITT post examples of beautiful prose:

>He liked dancing with her - and only with her. He hardly squirmed at all when she stroked his hand or applied herself soundlessly with open lips to his cheek which the haggard after-the-ball dawn had already sooted. She did not seem to mind when he abandoned her for manlier pleasures; and she met him again in the dark of a car or in the half-glow of a cabaret with the subdued and ambiguous smile of a kissing cousin.

- Nabokov, Pale Fire
>>
>>8890020

nabakov can suck my girldick
>>
>>8890044
what's wrong with old nabby?
>>
>>8890068
Nothing at all. He's perfect. People read him and sincerely like characters who are written as parody, though - which is marvellous; I mean, like, bravo Nabby - but it makes it so hard to unreservedly praise him, because complete losers will think you're of the same mental type as them. As in, the same aesthetic inclination. I mean, that prose is fantastic but it's weird to call it 'beautiful' - an adjective Nabokov would probably have called 'too ephemeral' - when you can see the cringing humour and the careful crassness of it.
>>
>>8890102
You quite obviously have never read Nabokov past Lolita and have a bizarrely undeserved sense of intellectual superiority. Enjoy being a living punchline for the rest of your life
>>
>>8890140
I've never read Lolita; I've only read Pale Fire.
>>
>>8890020
Holy fuck that's beautiful.
>>
File: Bruno_Schulz_(1892_–_1942).jpg (15KB, 220x315px) Image search: [Google]
Bruno_Schulz_(1892_–_1942).jpg
15KB, 220x315px
Ogród był rozległy i rozgałęziony kilku odnogami i miał różne strefy i klimaty. W jednej stronie był otwarty, pełen mleka niebios i powietrza, i tam podścielał niebu co najmiększą, najdelikatniejszą, najpuszystszą zieleń. Ale w miarę jak opadał w głąb długiej odnogi i zanurzał się w cień między tylną ścianę opuszczonej fabryki wody sodowej, wyraźnie pochmurniał, stawał się opryskliwy i niedbały, zapuszczał się dziko i niechlujnie, srożył się pokrzywami, zjeżał bodiakami, parszywiał chwastem wszelkim, aż w samym końcu między ścianami, w szerokiej prostokątnej zatoce tracił wszelką miarę i wpadał w szał. Tam to nie był już sad, tylko paroksyzm szaleństwa, wybuch wściekłości, cyniczny bezwstyd i rozpusta. Tam, rozbestwione, dając upust swej pasji, panoszyły się puste, zdziczałe kapusty łopuchów - ogromne wiedźmy, rozdziewające się w biały dzień ze swych szerokich spódnic, zrzucając je z siebie, spódnica za spódnicą, aż ich wzdęte, szelestne, dziurawe łachmany oszalałymi płatami grzebały pod sobą kłótliwe to plemię bękarcie. A żarłoczne spódnice puchły i rozpychały się, piętrzyły się jedne na drugich, rozpierały i nakrywały wzajem, rosnąc razem wzdętą masą blach listnych, aż pod niski okap stodoły.

Tam to było, gdziem go ujrzał jedyny raz w życiu, o nieprzytomnej od żaru godzinie południa. Była to chwila, kiedy czas, oszalały i dziki, wyłamuje się z kieratu zdarzeń i jak zbiegły włóczęga pędzi z krzykiem na przełaj przez pola. Wtedy lato, pozbawione kontroli, rośnie bez miary i rachuby na całej przestrzeni, rośnie z dzikim impetem na wszystkich punktach, w dwójnasób, w trójnasób, w inny jakiś, wyrodny czas, w nieznaną dymensję, w obłęd.

O tej godzinie opanowywał mnie szał łowienia motyli, pasja ścigania tych migocących plamek, tych błędnych, białych płatków, trzęsących się w rozognionym powietrzu niedołężnym gzygzakiem. I zdarzyło się wówczas, że któraś z tych jaskrawych plamek rozpadła się w locie na dwie, potem na trzy - i ten drgający, oślepiająco biały trójpunkt wiódł mnie, jak błędny ognik, przez szał bodiaków, palących się w słońcu.

Dopiero na granicy łopuchów zatrzymałem się, nie śmiejąc się pogrążyć w to głuche zapadlisko.
>>
>>8890020
May as well post the obvious one, it is fucking amazing:

'Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita.'
>>
I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls
used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well
as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked
me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew
him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.