[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The more I learn and read the sadder I get. Guys have this feeling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (158KB, 554x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 554x465px
The more I learn and read the sadder I get. Guys have this feeling? It's just that knowing that there's so much out there
>>
>>8889771

Knowing what's "in there" I think is what saddens us more than what is "out there".

Investigations of the soul will, for better or worse, lead to suffering, if not to understanding.

cool pic btw :)
>>
>>8889771
Consider the alternative. Imagine the reality we live in was simple, manageable, controllable, understandable. Were it so, you would be happy for a while and then bored. Life would be less exciting and less worth living. Learn to appreciate the grandeur and the struggle.
>>
>>8889771
I get sad because of my own stunted life. I'm trapped. I can't get out from this hell and reading just makes me realise all of the possibilities I can never experience.
>>
>>8889889
Yep, exactly right, as long as you believe you're trapped you are trapped, self administered shackles, you poor, worthless soul

Fuck off
>>
>>8889889

Can it not also allow you to realize possibilities you can* experience?

In any case, I think there is something to be said for what cannot be experienced; an allure almost - a yearning to push further the boundaries of what we know.

Practice patience, friend. Keep reading and remember both the torments of doubt and the inklings of clarity that grace thought now and then, if one is attentive.
>>
>>8889923
I bet you wear berets in public and stretch nude by your front window

I really want to punch you in the teeth
>>
>>8889925

Why chase after the wind?
>>
>>8889913
I'm in debt. Very neet. No education.

I have no idea how to escape a perpetual system of low pay labouring.
>>
>>8889884
This. Don't be sad that you'll never experience all of it, be happy that you're lucky enough to experience some of it.
>>
File: 1423862223970.jpg (382KB, 538x694px) Image search: [Google]
1423862223970.jpg
382KB, 538x694px
>>8889771
I'd rather suffer trying than suffer giving up.
>>
File: thisguyknows.jpg (114KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
thisguyknows.jpg
114KB, 594x396px
>>8889932
Step one: Stop increasing your debt, remove all pleasure expenses and focus only on necessities as well as participating in stricter spending practices to stretch your dollars
Step two: Improving prospects, go to night classes, pursue alternative educational options, learn a trade, You cannot live working low pay labouring jobs, you need to develop marketable skills using every bit of your free time.
Step three: Work hard and don't give in to sloth and depression.

I'm rooting for you buddy. The world economy is on the up swing, I hope you get your shit together and ride with it.
>>
Nearly every time I finish a really good book I get this dumb feeling of, "this is it, now I've really read everything that could possibly be good, I'm through with art, there's never going to be anything I like more than x anyway." Despite knowing how utterly irrational that is. What drives me to pick up another book is remembering the feeling I had while starting on the previous one, like -- maybe there is still something out there to discover after all. I have oddly specific tastes and I don't come acrossa a lot of works I genuinely enjoy, but it's not like there's actually this one closed group of ten or so books that appeal to me and nothing beyond that.
There's always something out there, but I don't feel like it's overwhelmingly much. I kinda wish I felt that way rather than like I already know most of it.
>>
>>8889771
nigga go outside lol talk to people lol
>>
>>8890006

That's interesting. Those books are precisely the sort I most love: those that leave me feeling as if there's nothing left to read.

>>8890627

This actually may help too lol.
Commune with people who share your woes.
>>
File: 1472505038682.jpg (67KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
1472505038682.jpg
67KB, 500x708px
>>
no your just a saddo falling for the "i'm sad because i'm smart" cope
>>
>>8889771
No, learning fills me with joy. The more I work the sadder I get, because that's time I could have spent reading.
>>
File: jews.jpg (94KB, 605x960px) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
94KB, 605x960px
go watch house md or something
>>
>>8889967
>The world economy is on the up swing.

First Brexit, then Trump, soon Italy will return to the lira, etc. Looks more like a downswing. Dark times ahead.
>>
>tfw to intelegent to feel happyness
>>
>>8889967
>the world economy is on the up swing
(citation needed)
>>
>>8891265
Fuck off
>>
>>8892020
The economy has been growing pretty much just on the account of China anyhow.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.