[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Aristotle continue to be accorded any respect in his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 800px-Aristotle_Altemps_Inv8575.jpg (122KB, 800x1071px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Aristotle_Altemps_Inv8575.jpg
122KB, 800x1071px
Why does Aristotle continue to be accorded any respect in his profession as-such? Even Plato was better.

>the Cuttlefish does what I think it does because I say so and not on account of any detailed analyses that I have done
>thicc black women do not achieve orgasm, I know because I have checked
>Muh Elements

What are some things that Aristotle actually got right? Why should he not be committed to the flames?
>>
>>8889505
Didn't be believe the universe was infinite?

Anyway, yeah. The most right of all the ancient Greek philosophers was Epicurus. Christians have always tried to hide this. Never forget.
>>
>>8889505
He thought whales weren't fish.
>>
>>8889505
Yeah, he sucks. I read ethics and it was mostly "X is Y because I say so"
>>
>>8889505
that upper head bulge tho
>>
>>8889554
Because he was so smart.
>>
He's respected because of the method and empiricism he preached, maybe he had not reached the proper answers we have today but he argued for a truth that could be found in the world we live in as opposed to some idealism beyond our grasp. He's as far as I know a starting point for the birth of the sciences

But I don't actually know shit about Aristotle and haven't read him extensively to say I'm confident in what I'm saying
>>
>>8889554
>literally tfw when too smart
>>
>>8889541
call me Ishmael
>>
>>8889542
It's almost like his works on ethics are several translations removed from lecture notes written by one of his students. Seriously would it kill you to learn anything about what you read? What the fuck were you expecting, a fucking tractatus?
>>
>>8889505
>What are some things that Aristotle actually got right?
Virtue ethics
>>
>>8889505
>>thicc black women do not achieve orgasm, I know because I have checked

Where do I find this?
>>
>>8889505
>he thinks Aristotle is respected for his conclusions rather than his methods

>he thinks Aristotle is respected because of his "science" rather than his metaphysical, moral philosophy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.