[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /lit/. Help me decided on a pen name. Yoon Wie Yonu Wie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hey, /lit/. Help me decided on a pen name.

Yoon Wie
Yonu Wie

Which is better? Thanks.
>>
Definitely Yoon Wie

Of the two, any particular reason for the two choices presented?
>>
>>8889421
>Definitely Yoon Wie
Could you tell me why?

>Of the two, any particular reason for the two choices presented?
I don't quite get the question. Both names start with the same consonant in my first language and they start with Y and W in English which are both semivowels.
>>
>>8889384

Y. Yuno Liky
>>
>>8889421
also one is my birth name and the other is the name i want to have
>>
>>8889458

Which is which, and what about the one you want to have makes you want to have it?

Yoon Wie, maybe easier to pronounce, fewer syllables, smoother to say.

But Yonu Wie, maybe seems, I dont know,
yoon is a funnyish word, like loon, bafoon,
so that one syllableness, maybe makes it seem a bit too simple, which if that is your real name, maybe what you wanted to get away from,

What do the words mean in your language?

I am trying to imagine picking up a book and seeing the names on it, if the book is good it doesnt really matter either way, and can imagine seeing either name on it, and not having any strong feelings about it besides maybe, 'hm, an asian wrote this book, its probably smart....wait a sec.... is this anime'
>>
>>8889458
on further thought, after not really liking either, I actually like them both

(are they pronounced how they seem?)
>>
>>8889468
Yoon Wie is the one I want to have. Wie is the family name. Yoon means a "great expanse of water", such as an ocean, great river, etc. I like it because I like to think of literature as water, instead of a collective of words because words are always linked to each other, all of them.

Yonu means a "gemstone that enjoys longevity", my birth name, which is stupid I think. Also I don't want to enjoy longevity. I want to enjoy immortality through my literature.

>>8889482
Yoon Wie /yoon-wee/
Yonu Wie /yun-oo wee/
>>
>>8889607

How about Noyu Wie

(No you... we)

jk. I think both your birth name and desired name is nice. idk.

Either are fine, and they are both very close to one another anyway.

I actually might personally prefer Yonu.

I dont know, too hard to decide. Any other options you thought?
>>
>>8889765
>Any other options you thought?
nope. i agree with the above guy who said the name doesn't matter if the book is good. either is fine on me. but im a bit confused because i don't know if it's one guy who's replying to me or multiple guys. first you said you prefer yoon and now yonu.
>>
>>8889818
Yes, its very difficult for me to think about the value, beauty, of these two names, to compare them, because a lot of the thoughts are abstract. First I thought yonu sounded more professional and masculine, then I thought Yoon might sound more so. Its very hard for me to judge them, trying to consider aesthetics, and phonetics, and sensual abstract impression.

now revisiting this thread after hours, I have an entirely new experience and take and relation to these names, then I did before, the tracks I was imagining before.

Both names are entirely fine, and I think they are both good, I cant entirely think of anything bad about either, soooo...
>>
>>8889458
and also

im gay
>>
Both are pretty dumb sounding and would never be chosen by a native English speaker, imo
>>
>>8889384
why would you name your pen?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.