[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wilful disregard/Egenmäktigt förfarande by Lena Andersson,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Egenm-ktigt_f-rfarande.jpg (363KB, 1535x2398px) Image search: [Google]
Egenm-ktigt_f-rfarande.jpg
363KB, 1535x2398px
This book was a forced meme here in Sweden a couple of years ago, and now I finally got around to reading it. To be honest, I read it because I fell in love with a girl who talked about it, so hey, why the fuck not.

The book isn't that good, but it's got some good points. I think the idea is good, but then again, I'm in the mood for relationship novels right now. The execution, however, is terrible. As it is, the book just seems as if though no editor has read it.

First of all, phrases are repeated a lot, in a bad way. Words kick in again and again. The most common metaphor for sex is "their bodies met." Don't know how that sounds to native speakers of English, but the Swedish variety (deras kroppar möttes) sounds fucking terrible, especially after getting forced down the reader's throat.

I don't find Ester to be insane, which has been a point of critizism, especially after the book started getting praise from every fucking paper in this country. I think everyone on /lit/ can relate to the feeling of longing for someone so much that you take a detour just to walk through their neighbourhood in order to catch a glimpse of them. It gets a little too much towards the end of the book, but being madly in love for a year is nothing I find strange.

Andersson tells instead of showing, and, again, not in a good way. Especially during the second half of the book, stuff pops up with shit explanations, like "she remembered thing X he told her during that dinner" or "He had left a DVD in her apartment and now she thought of returning it" or some shit, instead of letting Hugo leave the DVD at page 40 and then not mention it until page 140 when Ester wants to return it.

The speech of the characters is unnatural, but I think that's in part because Andersson normally writes articles for Dagens Nyheter regarding culture, politics, and shit, and inserts her ideas in a rough way.

On the positive side, these ideas can be great food for thought. Not always, or even often, but often enough. It's got a lot to do with power within human relationships - unsurprising, since that's what the book deals with.

I've got some other things to say about it, but I also want to hear what you think, if you've read it.

Also, Swedish literature general.
>>
A few weeks ago Lena sat next to me on the subway.
>>
Nice book report senpai. What is your opinion on Elis Burrau, Anna Axfors and the whole Stockholm based poetry scene (FameFactory i.e.)?
>>
Wanna give a shout out to my man PO Enquist - imo the best Swedish author I've read. His masterpiece "Nedstörtad Ängel" is a really piercing tour de force about "love", check it out.
>>
fy fan vad jag hatar sverige

låt skiten gå under
>>
>>8888786
Gå och lek med lego danskdjävel.
>>
88888888 get
>>
File: IMG_2983.jpg (79KB, 355x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2983.jpg
79KB, 355x531px
Post your comfy PO's!
>>
File: IMG_2984.jpg (65KB, 612x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2984.jpg
65KB, 612x344px
>>8888827
comfy.

>that stylish adidas jacket-checkered shirt combination
>>
File: Camilla_Läckberg2008.jpg (906KB, 2274x2742px) Image search: [Google]
Camilla_Läckberg2008.jpg
906KB, 2274x2742px
check em
>>
File: po1.jpg (33KB, 354x222px) Image search: [Google]
po1.jpg
33KB, 354x222px
>>8888893
ägd

>welcome to hjoggböle
>>
Can't stress enough how much I agree with that "their bodies met" is silly, and although I've only read Egenmäktigt förfarande out of these two books, she's stated that she in her second book rephrased the sexual metaphors into being united in the flesh (förenas i köttet) instead of their bodies met. What I don't agree with is that her books haven't been edited (if that was the sentiment). Have you read any of her previous novels? Var det bra så? was refused at first but came out alright.

I'm about to read Ernst Brunner for the first time and was wondering which book to start with. Den vilde svensken might be a good book to begin with, although I'm also open for other suggestions.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.