[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can an openly misogynistic writer have a successful career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Can an openly misogynistic writer have a successful career in our time?
>>
Several of them do.
>>
>>8885917
Only with the so-called "alt-right" fanbase (aka /pol/, /r9k/, /r/thedonald, /r/incel, etc.)
>>
>>8885917
No.
>>
Women make up the majority of the reading population today so probably not
You can for sure be low key misogynistic tho
>>
File: 1475023742273.jpg (38KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1475023742273.jpg
38KB, 604x437px
>>8885920
>only these people I don't like can be misogynistic haha
>>
I think so. There's a very strong audience for that nowadays. However, I'm pretty sure the writing would have to be garbage, since it would appeal to a public that is not necessarily associated with literacy.
>>8885934
Not even that guy, but these communities are proud of being misogynystic. There's a thread on /b/ right now about pictures of women dying and being raped.
>>
>>8885918
This. Updike, Corncob, Tao-Lin, the list goes on!
>>
No, neither can an openly misogynistic person in general
>>
>>8887152
>implying misogynists are unintelligent or illiterate
wew
>>
>>8887177
none of these people are openly misogynistic
>>
I think it's pretty clear that there is plenty of room in the market for a self-pitying angry white man genre
>>
>>8887259
Agreed guurrl!

Fuck Drumpf and FUCK white people!
>>
>>8887273
My post didn't imply what you inferred. All I'm saying is that there's no shortage of /r/the_donald eager to spend money on anyone willing to say what they want to hear.
>>
File: wojack.jpg (7KB, 224x225px)
wojack.jpg
7KB, 224x225px
>>8885917
>tfw you have to choose between SJW bullshit or pandering to alt-right manchildren, if you want to be a successful writer
Talk about a rock and a hard place jeez
>>
>>8887433
This. Identity politics and capitalism ruined art.
>>
Real art is made from the innerself, art isnt something that pleases society or an elite.
Avoid trying to market yourself.
Avoid commodification.
Avoid capitalism.
Avoid entertainment
>>
>>8887152
>There's a thread on /b/ right now about pictures of women dying and being raped.
There's a difference between that kind of misogyny and a simply masculine-oriented view of life and humanity.

Almost all the authors in the western canon would be called misogynistic today.
>>
Depends wholly on what you mean by "misogynistic".

Because ideological totalitarians almost always define everything they don't like as their opposition.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.