[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does one go after reading Wittgenstein? Is there any point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Wittgenstein.jpg (22KB, 350x504px) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein.jpg
22KB, 350x504px
Where does one go after reading Wittgenstein?

Is there any point in reading Ryle and Austin?

How the fuck does someone go beyond Wittgenstein after he literally ended the game?
>>
>>8884988
Now you get into religion.
>>
>>8885004
Already complete, mein fiend.
>>
>>8884988
He didn't end the game

He was brilliant in realizing the key problems and limitations of language, but rather than solve the problems he abandoned the prospect of a solution

Besides, analytic philosophy didn't end with him. There is much to learn anyways
>>
>>8884988
You go on to science where the only knowledge of the world is to be found.
>>
>>8884988
Thom Yorke>> lil b>> >>> become a writer/rapper/producer >> ??? >>>> rule the world. >>> get assasinated...
>>
you go into a monastery to work as a gardener and after that you look for a young boy and convince him to join you into a labor camp for the rest of your lives. make sure he is deceiving his parents by doing so.
>>
>>8884988
You're pretty much done with anybody who had anything of merit to say in philosophy. You can try to entertain yourself with other 20th and 21st century philosophers but they will never stack up to those who came before them.
Just go back and reread everybody and ruminate on their ideas some more.
>>
File: vigo.png (160KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
vigo.png
160KB, 300x306px
>tfw you study fundamental ontology and you meet a Wittgenstein scholar at university and he induces you to cast aside your neo-scholastic Germanic idealisms and study Wittgenstein, the true philosopher who ended all philosophy so that it might begin, and you let him take you under his wing and teach you Wittgenstein and you learn everything from him, and then at the last second you betray him and reveal you were only reading Wittgenstein to assimilate it to fundamental ontology all along, and you go back to reading Schelling, and he literally cries
>>
>>8885112

10/10

I do this with theologians
>>
>>8885121
what score did i get? >>>8885071
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.