[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're in 2016, approaching 2017 and the distinction between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15

File: neckless-cuck.png (130KB, 220x279px) Image search: [Google]
neckless-cuck.png
130KB, 220x279px
We're in 2016, approaching 2017 and the distinction between truth and untruth has been fully disrupted. Half of the nation believe the experts of climate science and the other half believe it all to be a hoax, a conspiracy theory. The enlightenment is over, isn't it obvious? Wouldn't another dark age be inevitable? We are image saturated. Bored out of our minds. The threat of bear attack or famine has all been wiped away, so here we sit with no incentive to keep a correspondence between reality and our mind.
>>
LOL FAKE NEWS
POST-TRUTH SOCIETY
THIS IS A NEW THING, BE WORRIED
PLEASE SHARE THIS ON FACEBOOK
>>
Actually brought me into contemplative mood
>>
File: arton255.jpg (501KB, 1000x1401px) Image search: [Google]
arton255.jpg
501KB, 1000x1401px
“There are eyes everywhere. No blind spot left. What shall we dream of when everything becomes visible? We'll dream of being blind.”
>>
>>8884507
>implying the post-truth society is something new
xD fuck drumpf amirite
>>
>>8884596
It's been so fucking annoying watching my facebook feed sperging out about these buzzwords

First major consequence ≠ increase

It's just a product of wanting to feel intellectually superior in a new way
>>
>>8884606
But people have been stretching and distorting the truth since the beginning of humanity. It's not anything new. Libshits just want something to blame Trump's success on.
>>
>>8884609
Did you read my reply?
>>
>>8884510
this desu

"post-truth" has been the standard in politics since the 1970s with the rise of the post-left and facts were treated as secondary to political ends
>>
>>8884596
It's not new, its just coming to the forefront of western politics like never before. Politicans aren't even trying to conceal their various deceptions anymore. Trump mobilised the forgotten underclasses of america through conspiracy theories, xenophobia and slander. Brexit came about because its biggest proponents made up a bunch of unvalidated statistics concerning the potential benefits of leaving the EU, driven by bombastic, nationalist rhetoric. You'd have to be pretty stupid not to notice how radically things are changing right now.
>>
>>8884623
Long gone are the glory days when Saddam possessed WMDs and terrorists simply hated us for our freedom
>>
>>8884640
This
>>8884623
Is this bait or were you born in 1998?
>>
start with the greeks desu
>>
>>8884596
It's not new, but fuck Trump, yeah. Then again, I suppose he's the president America deserves.
>>
>>8884507
>The enlightenment is over, isn't it obvious?
Yes, it has been obvious since Nietzsche. Now what is your point?
>>
>>8884623
Ah, to be bluepilled again
>>
>>8884664
He's right though, it's been a standard right wing tactic since Italy in WW1, and it's been a thing since the ~60s in America with guys like Weyrich.

The similarities to fascist uprisings in Europe in the past is remarkable.
I mean if you look at Brexit, Marie le pen, Trump, Putin, and nationalistic parties in places like Denmark etc, all gaining support at around the same time, and all the anti-muslim rhetoric, genocide is definitely fresh on peoples minds
>>
>>8884994
No, don't get me wrong. I'm a pretty liberal guy in many ways, definitely against Trump. But he's trying to imply that any of this is new as opposed to the discussion of it being revived, that's pants-on-head retarded
>>
>>8884994
>implying fascism is bad
>>
>>8884994
>implying Trump, a slightly nationalistic conservative, is a fucking fascist
I think the only one distorting the truth here is you
>>
>>8884994
>genocide is definitely fresh on peoples minds
why does politics immediately make people just start shitting out words

Nobody outside of /pol/ or stormfront has ever considered, let alone suggested that the solution to the immigration problem is just to fucking shoot all the muslims
>>
>>8885109
Nah man, first they demand background checks for refugees and then they're gassing them in concentration camps, trust me pham I know this shit
>>
Faggots bemoaning the state of public opinion when they almost certainly know bugger all about climate science really gets my goat.

Sometimes, oftentimes, reality can be disconnected from the minds of experts. You aren't cleverer than anyone because you've wrapped yourself in cozy conventional wisdom.

And I don't see what you his has to do with literature.
>>
File: fuck.png (61KB, 1190x646px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
61KB, 1190x646px
>>8885274
Both sides of the climate issue are interpretations, but there is one fundamental difference between these two interpretations. One is bolstered by objective facts which exist outside of you whether or not you choose to give them credence or not.
Also look at the file name if you think this is off topic or doesn't have to do with literature.
>>
>>8884606
>It's been so fucking annoying watching my facebook feed sperging out about these buzzwords
This, and calling Brexit and Trump's win Black Swan events bugs me to no end. Jesus, it's not a Black Swan when half of the population were supporting the cause and most of them actually saw it coming.
>>
'Truth' is boring. Some people don't care about facts, the tangible, especially not the politics they entail. And there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>8885893
Think it has more to do with what the media being wrong.
>>
>>8885853
woah, .9 degrees higher than usual ohhh noo

fucking melting ice caps, it's that -.2 to .1 degrees celsius difference that's gonna do it, man
>>
File: 1474252885423.jpg (30KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
1474252885423.jpg
30KB, 400x290px
>America elected an idiot jingoist
>England is made up of small-minded manchildren
>these are somehow new things

2016 has been the same as every other year. Just louder.
>>
>>8885928
>Trump
>more of a jingoist than Hillary "the Russians did this" Clinton
Drinking a bit too much of that MSM kool-aid, are we?
>>
>>8885109
>>8885089
I meant genocide is fresh on the minds of people who are scared. The fact it resembles events in recent history that people associate with fascism and genocide.
I'm not concerned about a second Nazi Germany, I'm concerned about the general increase in hostility of Muslims towards Nationalists and vice versa.
It's like watching a storm coming, just a general sense of worry
>>
>>8885948
my point is that all Americans are jingoists and also idiots
>>
>>8885950
Nobody's going to genocide anyone you easily manipulated libcuck. People are hostile to Muslims because, based on history, Muslims are generally pretty violent. Not wanting tons of unintegrated refugees to commit crime != racism.

If it makes you feel any better, Trump is proving himself to be as much of an establishment puppet as Hillary.
>>
>>8885948
>Hillary
>more of a jingoist than Donald "The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability.." Trump

Tell me again how he's gonna drain the swamp
>>
>>8885965
>implying Trump is a warhawk
His foreign policy is more isolationist than Hillary's.
>>
>>8885962
Did you even read what I said?
>I'm not concerned about a second Nazi Germany, I'm concerned about the general increase in hostility..

I don't care if the hostility towards Muslims is warranted or not, I really couldn't give two fucks, all I know is I don't want war or violence on my doorstep, that's literally all I give a shit about.

I don't want violent refugees, don't want violent nationalists, don't want violent leftists attacking whites believing they're nationalists, don't want to go to war with ISIS, don't want more racial tension, don't want Trump to build more nukes, don't want to get drafted, nada.

Trump worries me because his rhetoric is dangerous, It's less about him and more how people react to him that terrifies me. And that applies to both sides
I've seen first hand aggressive/violent behavior from both sides of the spectrum this election, people are wound up
>>
>>8885993
1) Trump's rhetoric is not "dangerous". Turn off CNN and NPR and actually listen to what he says. He's not advocating violence or contention.
2) Stop being such a pussy. A constant state of boring peace only leads to corruption and stagnation. A little struggle and unrest is good for any political system. You're just too sheltered and feminized.
>>
>>8886002
/thread
>>
>>8886002
You probably feel really masculine, but you're a caricature. You're just appealing to raw emotion, not making any logical argument. "Oh no, not liking Drumpf means I'm not manly enough? Shit, better go kill myself, register conservative, etc..." and so on. You're basically a semi-animated puppet regurgitating edgy beliefs to prop up your half-baked ideal of masculinity and protect yourself from the fact that you do nothing of your own volition and are no more conscious than a rock.

>inb4 effeminate
>inb4 libcuck

Prove me right by spouting out buzzwords like the meaningless nonentity and robot stuck on repeat you are.
>>
>>8884507
Yes because the ice caps totally melted in 2014. Truth matters ami rite?
>>
>>8886002

that boring peace lead to morons like you say stupid shit like that

i hope you get drafted someday for some war and feel what's really about it.
>>
>>8886020
Me too.
>>
>>8886002
>boring peace
>unrest is good
Futurist pls go
>>
>>8886023

grow up edgy neckbeard
>>
>>8886002
Actual marine here
I am embarrassed to be fighting for people like you
>>
>>8886012
What's with the reddit-tier passive aggressiveness? You're the robot here, a Last Man, so comfortable with your ideal of a pacifist, effeminate liberal society. Why are you so hostile to masculinity? Of course I'm appealing to emotion, human emotion is what drives humans.
>>
File: u wot m8.png (152KB, 271x300px) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.png
152KB, 271x300px
>>8886002
>>
>>8886030
>marine
>lit
Now thats some fresh b8
>>
>>8886030
>Actual marine here
actual marine here, I cringe every time i see another "marine" on anonymous imageboards
>>
File: rich.png (185KB, 340x311px) Image search: [Google]
rich.png
185KB, 340x311px
>>8886002
lol
>>
>>8886034
>muh nietzchee
Bad reading alert

You're literally the kid from Little Miss Sunshine
>>
>>8886039
>actual marine here, I cringe every time i see another "marine" on anonymous imageboards
Actual marine here. I hurt every time I see "actual marine here, I cringe every time i see another 'marine' on anonymous imageboards" on you-can't-see-me snap-n-share sites
>>
>>8886034
You have further proved yourself to be an unconscious blithering robot trying to shore yourself up against your pathetic non-entity status. I'm not at all comfortable with a so-called "pacifist, effeminate liberal society". I'm not at all hostile to masculinity. I'm not a Last Man and I've read Nietzsche the same as you (well, probably better than you since you interpret him so tritely).

Perhaps you, once, believed in these things? Try to stop projecting, Nietzschean-Masculine-RobotTM
>>
>>8886042
life is just one fucking beauty contest man
>>
>>8886044
all this butthurt in one post
>>
>>8886044
You're attacking a strawman of what you perceive me to be. Next you're gonna tell me to go back to /pol/. Pretty boring tbqh
>>
>>8886047
Not butthurt, just feel bad for you. You think you're a "man" when you're an unconscious robot. Also gonna stop posting, you can get the last word in after this if u want :^)
>>
>>8886043
I guess it's mostly because the majority of tawainese image board tards invoke the military w/ some ultimate appeal to authority power (blame the red pill i guess) so whenever someone legitimately states they are a (insert branch here) it's likely to be perceived as bullshit

And also lets be real the most /lit/ branch is the navy by our standard conception
>>
>>8886050
>everyone except me is an unthinking drone
>I am le true independent thinker
Ah, to be 15 again
>>
>>8886048
>You're attacking a strawman of what you perceive me to be
Wow, it's almost as if you both could argue the same things about each other...
>>
>>8886050
i'm not the guy you were responding to
try fixing ur butthurt tho
>>
>>8886050
Not in this argument, but you know you've lost the argument when you have to rely on metacues somehow signfying you are the "bigger man." Like that shit just doesn't work. It only makes you look more cucky.
>>
>>8885948
>but m-m-muh Hillary

spot the /pol/tard!
>>
File: 1482687958782.jpg (8KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1482687958782.jpg
8KB, 250x238px
>>8886058
>mentioning Hillary in a discussion about Trump makes you a /pol/tard
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>8886057
>but you know you've lost the argument when you have to rely on metacues somehow signfying you are the "bigger man
Huh, sorry, guess I should just say... I'm more masculine than him for believing what I believe? That's better, let's call it a day with that.

In fact, let's just get it straight. That guy is a faggot, and a woman. Being obsessed with Nietzsche and masculinity won't change that.
>>
File: impressed.jpg (8KB, 472x325px) Image search: [Google]
impressed.jpg
8KB, 472x325px
>mfw this thread
>>
>>8886044
God, this kid sounds like a huge verbose egostroker.
>>
>>8886063
It's a pathetic attempt at deflection which I see pretty much every /pol/tard regurgitate on every non-/pol/ board. It's not an argument. It doesn't make the criticism any less valid.
>>
>>8886066
The whole "I'm gonna stop posting now" yadda yadda "you can get the last word in" shit is what i was referring to. It's a cheap, nearly unconcious cliche tactic to situate you as somehow a good debater because it gives you the facade of knowing when to stop (when in reality you've just made an ass of yourself and need a quick way out) and as somehow the "bigger man" by being the first to realize you're not going to get anywhere but in reality you just suck.

Referencing the fact that you're in a debate does nothing to advance the debate

Also, you're still posting.
>>
>>8886058
>le /pol/acks did it first!
>>
>>8886077
What? We literally had two options in the election (discounting third parties but who votes for them anyways). Pointing out that the other candidate was even worse is a perfectly valid argument.
>>
>>8884507
>muh dark age coming
Good. We've neglected our spiritual side too long.
>>
>>8886092
Not this meme again
>>
File: 1482526376136.png (93KB, 776x580px) Image search: [Google]
1482526376136.png
93KB, 776x580px
>tfw too intelligent to vote for the rape of my nation by oil rich arabs
>>
>>8886030
good for you asshat
>>
>>8886030
also, my dad works for nintendo
>>
>>8886057
>>8886086
Just to clarify, he's not the guy you were originally arguing with, that's me >>8885993

>>8886002
I don't think he has to personally advocate for violence in order to spur general dangerous sentiment with what he says, at this point all eyes are on him

Also why on earth would you ever want unnecessary struggle and unrest? I feel like you're the one who's actually sheltered
>>
>>8886086
>Also, you're still posting.
Ah, but the important part of this is ... so are you. You're the referee. You're even bigger than the guy who tries to be the bigger guy.
>>
>>8886051
>I guess it's mostly because the majority of tawainese image board tards invoke the military w/ some ultimate appeal to authority power (blame the red pill i guess) so whenever someone legitimately states they are a (insert branch here) it's likely to be perceived as bullshit
>And also lets be real the most /lit/ branch is the navy by our standard conception

Actual marine here. I hurt every time I see "I guess it's mostly because the majority of tawainese image board tards invoke the military w/ some ultimate appeal to authority power (blame the red pill i guess) so whenever someone legitimately states they are a (insert branch here) it's likely to be perceived as bullshit. And also lets be real the most /lit/ branch is the navy by our standard conception" on hidey-peeky-oh-so-sneaky peep-a-picture collectives.
>>
>>8886117

Keep this song and dance up and I'll cum in your asshole.
>>
>>8886002
>You don't like watching society collapse on itself?
>You don't like violence and war?
>Ha! what are you, a pussy?

actual retard
>>
>>8886050
>Using /pol/ robot meme while excoriating /pol/

You think you're original but you're just a vacuous sum of whatever shit you've read put through your own filter. The man you're attacking just wears displays his tribe clearly.
>>
>>8886002
War is never a good thing, don't fall for that mistake.

Fucking masculine idealism is equally hilarious and pathetic as it is dangerous.
>>
>>8886130
>You think you're original but you're just a vacuous sum of whatever shit you've read put through your own filter
Now we're getting somewhere. Good job buddy, you're enlightened. You should now celebrate by chopping water and carrying wood.
>>
>>8886121
Actual marine here

I'd like that
>>
>people ITT actually think that half of America got it wrong
It's not a wrong/right dichotomy, it's whatever America chooses is what's right

>implying the average voter gives a fuck what pseuds on 4chan, Reddit, twitter, the daily show etc think at all

>implying you and I both aren't retards
>>
>>8884623
dude, you just call things conspiracy theories because they aren't considered fashionable to people in New York.

"White privilege" is a conspiracy theory
"Putin installed Trump" is a conspiracy theory

The media just doesn't call them conspiracy theories because leftists like them
>>
>>8886131
Not him, but there is nothing wrong with masculine idealism in the individual.
>>
>>8886132
You still haven't displayed any originality in yourself.
>>
File: nu male.jpg (65KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nu male.jpg
65KB, 1920x1080px
>>8886131
t. nu male
>>
>>8886148
Have you?
>>
>>8886132
If you're going to ego stroke yourself to psuedo intellectual nirvana through lambasting someone for a lack of originality you should probably have a semblance of originality on display.
>>
>>8886142
I can agree with that. Really what I meant is how tragedies like war can be idealized as good and manly when really they represent some of the worst aspects of humanity. Of course there's nothing wrong with being masculine, it's just it can develop into something very disappointing, and even violent in society.
>>
>>8886157
redirect you to >>8886150

moreover, I don't want to get up on a soapbox, I just like being an asshole on /lit/ and taking down other people's opinions. I'm going to sleep now, my advice to you all is: be less robotic, kids, and stop parroting other people's worldviews.
>>
>>8886149
read>>8886159
>>
>>8886150
As the one first calling people out for originality, that's your burden .
>>
>>8884507
Is there any validity at all to the climate skeptic/denier/whatever view? I don't really know anything about ocean or atmosphere science so I just trust what they say
>>
>>8886173
Just ask yourself, did the icecaps melt like they were supposed to in 2014?
>>
>>8886176
Anyone claiming the icecaps were going to melt that fast wasn't listening
>>
>>8886173
Yes there is, despite what memers say.

And yes, the 97% of scientists agree meme is false entirely and anyone who claims otherwise is trying to manipulate you
>>
>>8886176
I was hoping for something a bit more rigorous/in depth. I don't see why the climate scientists would be lying, but it would hardly be the first time that 'academic consensus' was wrong.

Mostly it seems like it should be true because the people saying it isn't have ties to industries that would be negatively affected by things like a carbon tax.
>>
>>8886173
>I don't really know anything about ocean or atmosphere science so I just trust what they say
that is the problem
>>
>>8886184
So who disagrees and what do they have to say?
>>8886186
What do you want me to do, get a phd in every subject
>>
>>8886173
It's best you do your research, but really the skeptics have absolutely no validity to their argument. Most of their ranks consist of uneducated politicians revolting against educated scientists, and many of them also have huge stakes in large fossil fuel corporations.

Really, in the end, don't listen to anybody including me. Just do your research and look at the facts and come to your own decision because clearly, as you revealed, you are absolutely clueless when it comes to the topic.
>>
>>8886191
no, i'm saying that the problem is most people blindly accepting what they're told by authorities, you needn't be an expert to do your own research
>>
>>8886191
If you aren't willing to take any time at all to do any research then why even bother? Are you really that much of a hive mind that you need someone to tell you what to believe?
>>
>>8886198
>>8886196
>do your own research
I fail to see how this is different than 'blindly accepting what authorities say'. You don't mean for me to buy scientific equipment and measure CO2ppm, you mean for me to go see what the established authorities in academia say on the subject.

All I can do is pick which one to 'blindly believe'
>>
>>8885916
It's called scale
>>
>>8886185
If cigarettes actually weren't hazardous to health and the scientific/medical consensus was that they were due to parasites in the tobacco the cigarette companies would still be lobbying to stay in business.
>>
>>8886203
So then don't worry about it if you're that sensitive and paranoid. Jesus, it's about finding valid, unbiased sources and literature... Do you need me to hold your hand?
>>
>>8886140
>you cannot have any feelings about politics other than a bland civic optimism
>>
>>8884507
t. teenager
>>
itt: anons who haven't read philosophy.
>>
>when people don't vote for who i want that means they dont like facts

Do people realize this line of thought only convinces people who already agree with you?
>>
>>8885950
You honestly shouldn't even post on this board if you can't recognize the direct opposition of Islam to intellectualism. This board wouldn't exist if Muslims had their way. Their ideology is in direct opposition with the free world.

The Jews in Nazi Germany weren't murdering journalists and spilling the blood of innocents in the streets.
>>
>>8886405
>>>/pol/

Back to the containment board.
>>
File: michel-foucault2.jpg (11KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
michel-foucault2.jpg
11KB, 300x299px
/pol/tards are incredibly uncomfortable with the idea of post-truth.
Which seems paradoxical when they constantly talk about the lies of established information authorities.
The reason why is because they're not interested in the idea of a world with unanchored discourses, infact they're deeply afraid of such an idea as primary aim is to install their own hegemonic knowledge systems.
>>
>>8886203
there's obviously a difference between a slew of scientific studies and the "post-truth perspective"(read: AGENDA) of a bunch of guys who will lose money if they don't fight against that view.
fuck this world is doomed.
>>
>>8886449
but why would they be?
the "post-truth" era is perfect for complete morons and pseud-charlatans.
"bullshit" just becomes whatever the loudest minority decide to deem it so.
>>
File: 1165.jpg?v=1431030218.jpg (4MB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
1165.jpg?v=1431030218.jpg
4MB, 2592x3888px
>hurr let's just let every unqualified idiot decide about the matters of the state
>hurr let's just let the people who are only after money be in charge of educating our young people
I told you.

None of this is anything new. Post-truth is just a buzzword that has come up because the common ideology of the 21st century (which doesn't care about truth either) is being threatened.
>>
File: The people intensify.jpg (113KB, 625x531px) Image search: [Google]
The people intensify.jpg
113KB, 625x531px
>>8884623

>Brexit came about because its biggest proponents made up a bunch of unvalidated statistics concerning the potential benefits of leaving the EU, driven by bombastic, nationalist rhetoric.
>>
File: tips Christian morality.jpg (20KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
tips Christian morality.jpg
20KB, 474x528px
>Read this thread
>People still invoke Nietzsche in defence of their peaceful/liberal ideals
>People claim to have derived such interpretations from their 'correct' readings and/or expert-tier understanding
>These same people don't realize that pretty much all of Nietzsche's peaceful/liberal thoughts were written in his youth
>These same people don't realize he became more radical with age
>These same people don't realize that Nietzsche himself believed philosophy should be read chronologically - which is why he criticizes Schopenhauer's Die Welt als Wille und Vorstellung, for example, having been written when Schopenhauer was a mere 26

Meanwhile in reality:

>"War essential. It is vain rhapsodizing and sentimentality to continue to expect much (even more, to expect a very great deal) from mankind, once it has learned not to wage war. nietzsche-friedrichFor the time being, we know of no other means to imbue exhausted peoples, as strongly and surely as every great war does, with that raw energy of the battleground, that deep impersonal hatred, that murderous coldbloodedness with a good conscience, that communal, organized ardor in destroying the enemy, that proud indifference to great losses, to one’s own existence and to that of one’s friends, that muted, earthquakelike convulsion of the soul."

>“Here one must think profoundly to the very basis and resist all sentimental weakness: life itself is essentially appropriation, injury, conquest of the strange and weak, suppression, severity, obtrusion of peculiar forms, incorporation and at the least, putting it mildest, exploitation.”

>“The beginnings of everything great on earth [are] soaked in blood thoroughly and for a long time.”

>“One must learn from war … one must learn to sacrifice many and to take one’s cause seriously enough not to spare men.”

>“I welcome all signs that a more virile, warlike age is about to begin, which will restore honor to courage above all. For this age shall prepare the way for one yet higher, and it shall gather the strength that this higher age will require one day—the age that will carry heroism into the search for knowledge and that will wage wars for the sake of ideas and their consequences.”
>>
>>8886484
i think this is appealing to an image of 'the common man' that's totally out of touch with reality. Excluding almost every political faction like that suggests that 'my niche category of people similar to me are the only REAL salt of the earth people'.

and at any rate tons of those 'people' regretted making that vote when they actually learned what it did
>>
File: funny.jpg (118KB, 409x523px) Image search: [Google]
funny.jpg
118KB, 409x523px
>>8886493
haha wow that sucks
>>
>>8886462
Because thats an uncomfortable realization, they want there to be a monolithic acknowledged truth, only theirs instead of the current "Liberal" narrative
>>
>>8886525
you're right but isn't it better for them than before when they didn't have a chance to propagate their bullshit?
>>
>>8886536
Of course, they're one of the primary forces to cultivate this position
>>
>>8886540
so why wouldn't they like the exact thing that's allowing them to do so?
>>
>>8886551
Because there is a seperation between manipulating it as a strategic position and liking it as an ideological reality
>>
>>8886116
Yeah but I never feigned to have a problem with that. I realize I'm shitposting. You, sir, really believe you are defending a point well.
>>
>>8886512

>i think this is appealing to an image of 'the common man' that's totally out of touch with reality.

No, it is those who object to this appeal that are totally out of touch with reality. If you do not instinctively identify with 'the common man' when he is invoked and appealed to, you should start asking with whom and/or what segment of society you DO instinctively identify with - and whether that's a good thing.

>and at any rate tons of those 'people' regretted making that vote when they actually learned what it did

[Citation needed]

Tons of those people are even more satisfied with their decision when they see the spiteful bitchfit those Brussels Eurocrats are throwing.
>>
>>8886515

>haha wow that sucks

What sucks?
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.