[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to write a story. What do I do? Do I plan it? Write it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1482509715094.jpg (32KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482509715094.jpg
32KB, 500x400px
I want to write a story. What do I do? Do I plan it? Write it on paper first?

No memes please I'm serious. I need to do something with my life.
>>
try out a bunch of diff methods and see what works for you. it's personal.
>>
>>8884017
If you don't have a story in your head and coming out your hands now, you probably shouldn't bother.
Have you thought about journalism?
>>
>>8884065
why do you bother making such worthless shitposts
>>
Some writers do outline their work, so don't, nigga you won't know until you try.

Maybe write a short, clinical version, like
>John went to Mary's. They fucked. Mary got pregnant and demanded child support. But the child came out black. John lamented the fall of white race.
And fill in the blanks inbetween. Or do what pretentious hipsters like to do and 'let characters take control', whatever in fuck that means
>>
>>8884017
Look up the Kick-Ass Writer by Chuck Wendig.

It lists everything you need to do and answers every question you would have along the way without memes, or literaturian fuckwasting of versimilitude or banal philosophy.
>>
>>8884017
A general outline helps. Personally I need a setting and an ending and the rest comes pretty naturally. You don't have to start on an entire novel, just make up some scraps first, get to know one or two of your most important characters, do some research on the kind of setting you want, maybe write a couple of diary entries from the perspective of your character, that's what I do. That way I can focus on the content while just writing in a style of language that comes naturally to me. I think first person is a good choice for a beginner.
>>
>>8884332
When I write first person I tend to either sound really corny or just write a live stream of my consciousness.
>>
>>8884072
It's honest advice from one artist to a would-be/wannabe artist.

Perhaps OP does have a story in his head, he didn't indicate it. If he has nothing there now, forcing it out wont be satisfying to anyone.
I tried to give him some hope by bringing up journalism. I strongly disagree. Nothing worthless about my post. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>8884384
your mind is a nearly-empty rubbish bin
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.