[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing a love story about two extremely introverted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm writing a love story about two extremely introverted characters who fall in love with each other. They are a boy and a girl with undetermined age (something between 20 and 15) who are complete virgins and are very socially awkward, something in the lines of hikikomori or social anxiety. But they find happiness in each other because as things take their course, they grow to be the only person the other one loves, trusts, is loved by, etc. My question is, how can they meet and start talking to each other and eventually start trusting each other, with the culimation of a mutual confession of love? I can't think of a context, a setting that would allow such story to unfold because, after all, they are both extremely reserved characters. There is the possibility that they are highschool/college/work mates but that seems a bit boring. I want to hear your ideas on this. Please,give me as many ideas as you can think of. Thank you.
>>
>>8882858
He finds a cellphone with her number on it. NATURE OF LOVE
>>
>>8882858
It depends where you set it and what the ages end up being.

High school aged kids will likely have to meet at some type of school function. Or during a summer vacation forced event by parents, something stupid like that.

Adult age would be easier. The sky is the limit even for social anxiety peoples. Therapist waiting room, library/book store, online video game/chat, forced out on date by friends.
>>
>>8882858
They meet at the site of a hit and run which left a old lady with her head burst open, guts out and blood like a boiled watermelon.

And its raining. And the guy comes out of his house and the girl is walking there and she says "Friend of yours?" And the guy smiles even though he's sick to stomach of the sight and because he hates blood. And the girl is nervous because death is novel and said the first thing in her mind to the first person in her sight.
>>
>>8882858
Two years ago I was surprised by my socially awkward college lab partner's intelligence and diligence at completing the assignment we were working on and told her so. We're fairly good friends now.

She isn't awkward enough to be a virgin, but apparently I don't seem particularly socially awkward to her, so I guess I've gotten good at fooling people.
>>
>>8882876
Here's a couple more meet-cutes of the top of my head:

They meet in a rollercoaster accident, clinging upside down to a rollercoster suspended 200ft in the air, frozen for 20 minutes as the rescue arrives

They chat each other up on a forum about origami, the one teaches the other how to fold something really complex as they both prepare for an origami art competition.

The one works as a waiter/waitress where the other regularly visits, alone. The waiter accidentally steals the other's memento, an ornate silver spoon that she carries with her to mix sugar. Tries to give it back, can't find the right moment, conversation begins.

They live in the same apartment, they meet when a fire strikes forcing everyone outside.

They meet in some secret place in their school where unbeknownst to the other each one goes there to get away from everybody, thinking it their own special secret place. One day they bump into each other.

They begin writing messages to each other on a communal blackboard used for posting signs and ads in their apartment, anonymously.
>>
File: 1482484837896.png (130KB, 311x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482484837896.png
130KB, 311x450px
>>8882909
>They meet in some secret place in their school where unbeknownst to the other each one goes there to get away from everybody, thinking it their own special secret place. One day they bump into each other.

Hhhhmmmmmmm.

>They begin writing messages to each other on a communal blackboard used for posting signs and ads in their apartment, anonymously.

Hi Bored.
>>
>>8882858
>I'm writing a love story about two extremely introverted characters who fall in love with each other.

woah, spoilers
>>
>>8882858
>My question is, how can they meet and start talking to each other and eventually start trusting each other, with the culimation of a mutual confession of love?

Let an external conflict drive them together for a different purpose, which eventually results in a positive character arc, and building one up from being the "one who is acted upon", to "the one that reacts" and finally "the one that acts". Basic romantic chemistry.

Since it's mutual confession, have them both engage in this arc, but they are both unaware that they are building up the courage or drive to confess.

If it appears that they only exist to be together in the story, and they have no external goals, dreams or desires, it will feel too forced. Show them living their lives and aiming for their goals separately, then show them accomplishing things together. If you want, a mid-point conflict can show them by themselves and how different it is without the romantic interest, and by comparison, how empty.
>>
>>8882858
What a qt anime girl.
>>
>>8882875
>friends
>>
>>8882917
kek
>>
None of these situations would actually work because they wouldn't REQUIRE a shy person to talk. True introverts only talk when needed. They don't start conversations with others for as long as it is possible to survive without doing so. And when they do, the conversation is bound to die unless the person that is being talked to is an extrovert in a good mood. When an introvert starts a conversation with another, it usually goes like this:
>"H-h-hey, n-n-nice we-weather, yes?"
>"Y-yes..."
>complete silence follows
>it gets so awkward that both start walking in different places of directions, avoiding one another >they think the there person is being avoidant because he or she did something autistic
>they never talk to each other again
So here's the deal, OP: they MUST >>>HAVE<<< to talk to each other and for prolonged periods of time. So here's an example of such situation: they are in college and both sit in the far most desks in the classroom (the girl on the extreme far left and the guy on the extreme back right), because try are shy. The teacher gives his students a home paper to be made in pairs. Upon class being finished, all students already have pairs and only two are left without. Yes, of course, you know who the are. The two students who couldn't even gather the courage to even ask someone to be their pair, such is their shyness. So they slowly approach each other and start working together on the assingment. They start having lunch together and slowly get to feel more at ease with one another, to the point that after the class assingment is finished, they start missing the times they would be together. One day one of them (or maybe the two at the same time) decide to go talk to each other and ask if they can start seeing each other again even if just during lunch time. And so things take their course.
>>
>>8882858
Are there any stories like this but where they never actually get together and go their separate ways without either one ever discovering the others feelings towards them?
>>
>>8885626
Yes. It's called real life.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.