[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A christmas carol is total bullshit >disrespect the man who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot (26).png (689KB, 1051x665px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (26).png
689KB, 1051x665px
A christmas carol is total bullshit
>disrespect the man who employs you
>mock and belittle him behind his back
>happy ending = give those low ungrateful workers a raise.

Why is this bullshit a classic again? Do they really think the working class will appreciate them more if you give them more money? We know how they think already, give an inch, take a mile.
>>
>>8882553
This is some spicy b8
>>
I think you need to read it again OP. Your pleb mind has completely misunderstood it.
>>
>>8882553
It's super anti-capitalist.

And now that he's raised Cratchet's wage, there will be effects. He may have to lay off other workers.

And nobody else would hire Cratchet. Scrooge was already generous by giving the man employment. He paid his worker what his labor was worth. But with the raised wage and no raised labor, the Scrooge business may go under, causing Cratchet to lose his job, and because nobody else would hire this low skill worker, he won't be able to make ends meet. Tiny Tim will surely die.

Who's the real selfish one in this story?

Scrooge should've told those commie ghosts to fuck off.
>>
>>8882553
You obviously haven't read it, or even watched the classic version. Everything you said is bullshit. Scrooge's nephew Fred mocks him (which he utterly deserves), not his employee. Scrooge's clerk, Bob Cratchit defends Scrooge against his wife's righteous anger, and Ebeneezer doesn't just "give the workers a raise." Go read it, Marley.
>>
>>8882738
You also haven't read it, and are making multiple fucking stupid factual errors. Go read your damn Dickens before midnight, you plebs. Merry Christmas.
>>
>>8882744
Im reading it right now and they are presenting a great business man as this awful person. charles dickens era must have been incredibly naive.
>>
>>8882851
>great business man
The whole point is that success in business doesn't make you great - Scrooge is wealthy, yes, but his miserly ways drive everyone away, leaving him friendless and miserable. The Cratchits, by contrast, have close to nothing monetarily but love and value each other, which is vastly more important. It's a fairly basic and obvious moral desu, but apparently there are people daft enough to need being told.
>>
>>8882851
Charles isn't saying he's a bad guy because he's rich, he's saying he's a bad guy because he's a dick and doesn't take any opportunity to help the less fortunate with his wealth
>>
>>8882937
it is a liberal fantasy. imagine what all the psychopaths and elite of today would react to these 'ghosts'. now that would be a good story. not guilting a poor old dude because he doesn't hand out money to poor and stupid people.
>>
>>8882851
Being a good business man doesn't make you a good person you fucking republican
>>
>>8882996
There's no indication Cratchit was "stupid" - he'd have to be a damned good clerk to meet Scrooge's exacting standards - and being paid a wage for his hard work sufficient to afford a doctor for his son (remember that Tiny Tim dies in the future where Scrooge remains greedy) is hardly a handout.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're just running a contrarian "this beloved classic is SHIT because I say it is and my opinion is superior!" bait.
>>
>>8882553
This is reddit-tier bait. A Christmas Carol isn't some grandiose political statement (though there are political elements to it). It's more in line with Dante than Marx you faggot. I could easily see Dante finding Marley and Scrooge in the 4th circle.
>>
>>8883050
nope I am pointing out that liberal brainwashing has been happening for centuries and all these 'classics' are being chosen for political reasons.
>>
>>8883082
Can you define what you mean by "liberal"?
>>
>>8883087
Anyone showing any generosity, kindness, or humanity, or parting with material things they have no need for to benefit society or others is a brainwashed liberal. It's okay, I speak Trump and Rand.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.