[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marley was dead: to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: morrisseycc.jpg (113KB, 705x400px) Image search: [Google]
morrisseycc.jpg
113KB, 705x400px
Marley was dead: to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Scrooge signed it: and Scrooge's name was good upon 'Change, for anything he chose to put his hand to. Old Marley was as dead as a door-nail.
>>
File: fihure111.png (91KB, 327x241px) Image search: [Google]
fihure111.png
91KB, 327x241px
>>8880407
Mind! I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. I might have been inclined, myself, to regard a coffin-nail as the deadest piece of ironmongery in the trade
>>
>>8880407
kek
just noticed that filename.
Merry Christmas anon
>>
>>8880525
>Merry Christmas

Bah, humbug!

Thanks, you too dude
>>
>>8880583
: )
>>
Merry Christmas /lit/bros

Christmas Carol was a great read
>>
>>8880407

Nietzsche completely put me off most English/Anglo writers and thinkers, Dickens included.

They're far too sentimental, not to mention full of ressentiment and Christianity - whether it be religious or secular.
>>
>>8880636
Come on man, if you don't harbor at least a bit of sentimentality it's like you're not even a complete person
>>
>>8880636
>full of... Christianity
How is that a bad thing?
>>
>>8880636
In a Christmas Carol there aren't any Christian references; maybe you could argue that the morality of the thing is "christian", but being a good fucking human being is not a christian invention
>>
>>8880717
English Christians at the time of A Christmas Carol actually 'celebrated' Christmas much more dourly. The whole family gathering, feasting and drinking was much more pagan and had more in common with Yule or Saturnalia. The christians back in Dickens day were much more "keep Christ in Christmas - this means no fun"
>>
>>8880730
That's not a bad thing; it makes the story immortal
>>
File: tips Christian morality.jpg (20KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
tips Christian morality.jpg
20KB, 474x528px
>>8880717

>good fucking human being
>>
>>8880688

If you've read Nietzsche, you'd know.
>>
Muppets Christmas Carol is one of the best adaptations of a book ever. Very funny and amusing, but when Michael Caine is being visited by Ghost of Christmas Future, I completely forgot I was watching a children's movie and was totally moved by his performance and left the movie wanting to change my own behavior. For those turned off by A Christmas Carol because of its oversaturation in our culture, Muppets Christmas Carol might be the perfect way to appreciate such a beautiful story.
>>
>>8880521
>>8880407
I was forced to reply by my desire to tell you how abysmal your use of English is. Here's the half that I can be bothered or interested to mention:
You're not talented enough with interesting punctuation to be using colons within ordinary communication. Instead I believe it would be better to use words and grammar to organise the information. Despite the irony of my critique this board is still not your English class at highschool where you get a higher grade for cramming inane punctuation into bland writing.
Your sentences are self serving (which is typically an ignorant way to write especially if you aren't compelling or helpful); you reiterate redundantly that sentences beginning "I" are still about yourself or opinion before divulging even one piece of information for the reader. Unlike you, many readers will not forget the context of what they're reading after half a sentence. We'd hope also that the writer didn't have ADHD either.
For you I don't recommend use of the oxford comma and certainly not connectives after other tedious punctuation.
Don't be afraid of brackets.

I realise that you're likely quite young at heart given what I see. Don't be distressed by my unprovoked comments. Even better would be to counter-argue which could both justify and solidify your good habits and bring you new considerations.
>>
>>8880806
Muppets Christmas Carol is literal kino
When Tiny Tim gets all excited and starts hyperventilating I cry every time
>>
>>8880806
Good post
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.