[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spend 2 years writing a novel >come across another novel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1449862659936.jpg (78KB, 311x344px) Image search: [Google]
1449862659936.jpg
78KB, 311x344px
>spend 2 years writing a novel
>come across another novel that's EXACTLY the same as yours

Welp, back to the drawing board
>>
>>8876296
Was it about a girl that falls in love with a vampire?
>>
>>8876296
>welp
>>>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1475770497670.jpg (11KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1475770497670.jpg
11KB, 261x192px
>>8876308
>boy falls in love with a girl with autism in highschool
>drift apart as they go to college
>man is an adult and is married with kids
>meets the girl with autism again
>is conflicted as primal emotions take hold and ultimately has to decide to stay with his family or let them have reign and profess his love to the girl with autism
>tfw this is exactly the same as the murakami novel, except the girl has fucking polio in it
>>
>>8876316
>Have shit unoriginal ideas
>Be surprised when other shit cunts also have shit ideas.
Your worst then John Green.
>>
>>8876296
Harvest the experience of and lessons from the process OP.

I've spent two years on something I inevitably hated aftet the second year, but it taught me so much. It's funny, because you could pinpoint who or what genre I was reading because it would influence my work: stream of conscious, differing tenses, simplicity, purple prose. I don't regret it.
>>
>>8876320
>tfw your prose is a bastardised mix of several different authors all concocted to one giant cluster-fuck
>>
>>8876323
It was. It really was.

And that is why i put the story to rest. It wasnt going to be what i dreamed it to be. But i dont regret it at all.
>>
>>8876316
You should've made a depressing drama about how the girl ends up killing herself because she is so lonely, and have the main charafter find out only days after when he first tries to reconnect with her. Unlike in the cheese ball corny cliche trope amalgamation that you wrote, the main character will not feel very much grief about his old friends death
He'll feel sad but since its been awhile he may have forgotten what it was like to be with her. Then you can write about how the girl spent her entire life away from the main character hoping he would come back around, but not having the courage to go out and see him again, loving him increasingly madly while he waa away. She eventually "comes to terms" with the fact that she'll never see her on true love again and kills herself since its not worth it to be alive. At this point you could return to the main character and have him attend her funeral, and while hes thete he ends up snooping around her house and finding a bunch of shit that leads to understanding the exact magnitude of her love for him. He would feel extremely guilty, but not grief ridden. In the end, the mc can just go back home to his loving wife and kids and forget about the whole episode while he meant the whole world to a girl who killed herself for him.
>>
>>8876496
Fuck I'm tired, I hope that makes sense.
>>
>>8876503
I understood it bro, better than my shit
>>
>>8876496
and to think that my teachers tell me im cheap cliché
>>
>writing for the plot
>>
>>8876545
>hook 'em on plot
>keep 'em with prose
>>
>>8876316
Yeah, I liked that one. You don't think you could make it work? Aren't lots of novels very, very similar to other novels, even ones from the same era, perhaps even in similar style? And the autism angle could really help you sell it to publishers who want to be seen as inclusive and diverse and all that. Don't give up! Or cut your losses and start over. Whichever you think is best
>>
>>8876316
just add some stephen king, girl is haunted by vampire turtle who wants dat ass and mr family man has to save the day
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.