[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Kafka any good or is he just one of those obscure hard to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Kafka.jpg (4KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
Kafka.jpg
4KB, 194x259px
Was Kafka any good or is he just one of those obscure hard to read for the sake of being difficult turn of the century antiquity writers socially conditioned by their time?

err crap I don't know
>greentext test
>>
>Kafka
>hard to read
lad...
>>
He is not obscure.
>>
File: 1482236159289.png (174KB, 367x319px) Image search: [Google]
1482236159289.png
174KB, 367x319px
>>8874372
>>
>>8874372
He's not hard to read, mate.
>>
He is really good. You'd have to read him to understand I suppose
>>
File: CHRISTOPHA.png (662KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
CHRISTOPHA.png
662KB, 853x480px
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
>>8874372
He's not hard, just Kafkaesque.

>greentext test
hello newfriend
>>
>Alexander was just an ordinary man, but then one day he realized that he had an octopus for a head
>I wonder what kind of zany adventures mr. octopus man will get into in this book
>he surely won't be living his normal life. He'll probably ink all over the place xD
>>
File: 1459818303178.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459818303178.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>8874419
>The episode where AJ discovers nihilism
>>
>>8874555
is that you Pynchon
>>
File: anonhow.jpg (16KB, 441x320px) Image search: [Google]
anonhow.jpg
16KB, 441x320px
>>8874372
>mfw 'hard to read'

He literally wrote without a single iota of embellishment or stylistic flair. His appeal rests in his characters and the situations that they encounter, which, despite often outlandish, speak to that part of you which feels like bad things happen for no reason. He captured that feeling and turned it into something of immense literary value
>>
>hard to read

Only if you can't relate to raw human emotion.
>>
>>8874372
>is he just one of those obscure hard to read for the sake of being difficult turn of the century antiquity writers socially conditioned by their time?
I wish I could punch you through the fucking internet.
congratulations on your very first post on 4chan.com
>>
>>8874372
He is genuinely good.

Also I don't think many writers write to be difficult, or, rather, not many can.

Those who do usually do so in elitist fashion - layering metaphor, symbols, and eclectic references to share their meaning only with an audience adroit and well-read enough to keep pace.
>>
>>8874372
He's the best imo. It's deceptively easy: reading costs little effort, but truly grasping all the references and metaphors is incredibly difficult due to the immense ambiguity and complexity of his works, and Kafka's own life. An extraordinary but definitely not obscure writer.
>>
>>8874372
Are you literally 12? How can someone think A) Kafka is obscure B) there is such thing as a writer (or person) who hasn't been socially conditioned by their time is beyond me
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.