[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the worst Shakespeare adaptations of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Macbeth_R1-[cdcovers_cc]-front.jpg (435KB, 1600x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Macbeth_R1-[cdcovers_cc]-front.jpg
435KB, 1600x1074px
What are some of the worst Shakespeare adaptations of all time? Ganglands Macbeth and Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet springs to mind, but I want to see more masterpieces defiled.
>>
I'm torn on the Taymore version of Titus Andronicus with Anthony Hopkins as Titus. There are so many idiotic things about it, and so many great ones.

The Tempest adaption with Helen Mirren as Prosperina instead of Prospero was dreck. Caliban did well (even if making him black makes the slavery thing into an in-your-face metaphor), but the rest was a melange of poor and unnecessary special effects and mediocre acting.
>>
If you like seeing masterpieces defiled, just watch this video I took of me plowing your mother last night
>>
>shitting on baz luhrmann
yeah, you're dumb
>>
>>8871717
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tromeo_and_Juliet
>>
>>8872009
unironically a good movie, also loved what I saw of Luhrmann's R&J
>>
Gnomeo & Juliet
>>
File: 1453824853787.jpg (77KB, 492x610px) Image search: [Google]
1453824853787.jpg
77KB, 492x610px
>>8871931
Yeah that movie was pretty okay for what it was, an aesthetic explosion that sacrificed all depth the play originally had. The mood was very peculiar and 90s, it was enjoyable. Plus, young Leo (hhhnnnnnnng).
>>
Met a Shakespeare scholar once who couldn't stand Ran or Throne of Blood. Triggered me pretty bad.
>>
All versions of Othello that have a black man as Othello rather than a white man in black face
>>
>>8871739
>The Tempest adaption with Helen Mirren as Prosperina instead of Prospero was dreck. Caliban did well (even if making him black makes the slavery thing into an in-your-face metaphor), but the rest was a melange of poor and unnecessary special effects and mediocre acting.

Hey is that the Greenaway one? lmao never seen it but The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover is good shit (lol)
>>8872292
Yeah pretty on point t b h, it turned the play into pure spectacle but honestly it's not a 'masterpiece defiled,' its not really BAD
>>
>>8872352
nah that's apparently a 2010 film called The Tempest
>>
Baz Luhrmann's William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet is just so goofy I kind of like it.

Has anyone seen Prospero's Books?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.