[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God, this was an unpleasant read. I'm not one of those people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: TSAR.jpg (460KB, 802x1172px) Image search: [Google]
TSAR.jpg
460KB, 802x1172px
God, this was an unpleasant read. I'm not one of those people that require a relatable or nice character in order to enjoy a novel, but everyone in this book, literally every single character, they were all so realistically petty and mean that it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>8871046
The bullfighting scenes are true art though.
>>
>>8871046
That's 1920's Paris for you
>>
>>8871046
Really? I liked most of the characters other than Cohn who was just annoying
>>
>>8871046
That's the literary life, pleb.
>>
>>8871286
Cohn was literally the best character.
Robert was literally a cuck
and Brett Ashley was a whore.
>>
>>8871295
Jake*
>>
>>8871286
Cohn did literally nothing wrong.

You're probably just an unpleasant facetious person yourself
>>
>>8871295
Brett was a slut but she wasn't unlikable at all. It was a bit weird that she got with that young bullfighter but she seemed herself to register that and feel bad about it.

The protagonist and his buddy were funny at times. cohn was just miserable
>>
One of the worst books I've ever read.
>>
>>8871305
Whats so bad about it?
>>
>>8871302
>It was a bit weird that she got with that young bullfighter but she seemed herself to register that and feel bad about it.

You have a lot to learn about women son
>>
>>8871316
I hope you're not implying that women can't feel remorse.

Believe me I have no idealized views of women
>>
>>8871302
>cohn was just miserable

which is what made him such a good characters all his friends were whores and cucks who wasted all their time goign bar hopping . He was a great writer who wanted to travel the world and loved Brett so much that he didn't want her to shame herself by being a whore, meanwhile Jake encourages her to sleep with random Spaniards.
>>
>>8871324
Lets not forget he was a great boxer.
>>
>>8871323
No, I'm implying they often lack any sense of accountability in the face of seductive delusion, no matter how petty
>>
>>8871324
That's what they wanted to do though, was bar hop and fuck around. Also it seems like everyone loved Brett, Cohn was just too obsessive about it
>>
Why the fuck were all 20's writers insufferable people

Like seriously
>>
>>8871334
No argument there, but that seems unrelated
>>
>>8871347
Brett liked the idea of having some cliche Latin romance with a matador. She knew it would never last a week but she went ahead anyway.
The regret comes because she just killed something in herself. That nonsense like that affair express a nihilistic indifference for the significance of relationships.
Jake from that point will never truly have her. No one can because she revealed herself to be an empty being to whom the appearance of affection is simply an arbitrary convenience.

Maybe its because love is always just a fiction but the least we can do is sustain that fiction for each other. What she did was cold blooded.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.