[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I shouldn't be posting this but I'm going to, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1523.jpg (45KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1523.jpg
45KB, 600x409px
I shouldn't be posting this but I'm going to, it's Christmas. I know this guy at Penguin. He lives in my building and invites me out for drinks every now and then. One night i got around to asking him if he knew any interesting rumors going around about authors. And he told me his boss, an agent who deals with Pynchon's books, getting then edited, published, any press and stuff like that, recently told him a secret about Pynchon.

You know how there was that 11 year gap between GR and Vineland? And after 11 years, all Pynchon punched out was a (relatively) small book that didn't even begin to live up to what he accomplished in GR? Well apparently Pynchon's been working on a book since the early 60s, he was going to publish it in 1980, but he pulled out at the last minute and promised a different book in four years. Then he was going to publish it in 1994, he said it was finally ready, but backed out again at the last minute. After Mason & Dixon came out he made an arrangement with his publisher: he's going to continue working on it until he dies, and he will leave the rights for publishing in his will.
So basically, everything he's every published (GR, Against the Day, M&D) have all been nothing but a side project for this one In Search of Lost Time tier work he's been writing, editing, and rewrtiting for the last fifty or so years.
>>
I don't believe you, but sounds dope.
>>
My uncle also works at Nintendo.
>>
They used to say the same bulllshit about Salinger, but it's been over 5 years since his death and nothing has come.
>>
shit like this isnt TRUE but why do i always getEXCITED about it
>>
>tfw ruggles is going to die soon (if he isn't already)

:(
>>
there was a 17 year gap between GR and vineland idiot your rumour just got btfo
>>
Does anyone know if Pynchon masturbates? Because I'm doing nofap and I might stop if Pynchon doesn't do it
>>
>>8870676
yeah my boss is like pynchon's agent, apparently when pynchon turned in the first draft of Gravity's Rainbow the pages where people eat shit and fuck kids were sticky w stale and gloppy semen, mold and cultures had started cultivating on it and shit, pynchon had created his own world w GR, his novel had developed it's own smegma, he said "if you ever and i mean ever try and edit this baby im gonna interpret that as circumcision my guy, my smegma'd culture will disappear, this is the apotheosis of the novel: bask in it"
>>
I've heard this over the years, and my guess is that against the day was that book.
He's hinted at it repeatedly, using the phrase in his other works. He did a lot for the promotion of it, and obviously worked on it for years.

After it didn't get the same kind of reception as Gravitys rainbow, he just kind of started to churn out detective books to fill time before dying.

When a tv show asked him for a fake name of a book in the 90s he said 'pandemonium of the sun'. I guess that could be another future novel but it kind of sounds like just another name for ATD.
>>
>>8870745
This makes the most sense. Nice catch with "Pandemonium of the Sun." I wonder why Against The Day wasn't as warmly received as his other shit.
>>
>>8870745
I feel like if Pynchon with Against The Day what Gaddis did with A Frolic of His Own, the whole "breaking a thirty year silence with interviews" thing, Against The Day might've been more warmly received initially; it seems to be a retrospective Great Book as opposed to an initial.
>>
>>8870570
Yeah. Ask him about the Salinger vault.
>>
>>8871888
Fucking great book, though.
>>
>>8870460
I have heard this before

It's nothing but bullshit speculation

Fuck you OP
>>
>>8870460
ye olde civil war novel or shocking tell-all memoirs?

its bullshit but i believe it
>>
>>8870460
Really??? My uncle is a game designer and worked on some really popular games (can't say which because I don't want him to get fired but let's just say they appeared on a very 'addicting' platform and with some very fancy attire). For decades he'd been coding something and guess what he's giving me this Christmas. My uncle put ME in a game! Can you believe that? My very own avatar in a massive online game programmed for everyone to see the whole world over.
>>
Really that sounds terrible to me. His books are already suuper long.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.