[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to get into the Kyoto school, what is it and where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 979829.jpg (26KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
979829.jpg
26KB, 314x475px
Looking to get into the Kyoto school, what is it and where should I start?
>>
I just so happen to work in the Admissions Office at Kyoto School. Whats your ACT score?
>>
File: 535705.jpg (24KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
535705.jpg
24KB, 267x400px
>>8869089
are you me? last night I started to lurk GR for some recs too. Starting with pic related soon
>>
>>8869089
Just go nuts with Nishitani and then spread out into the others.
>>
I've always been more of a Tokyo school man myself.
>>
>>8869145
No i don't know what GR is. looks cool though i might join you
>>
>>8869171
Kyo-To
To-Kyo

Coincidence????
>>
>>8869089
Nishitani's big 3 (Religion and Nothingness, Self-Overcoming of Nihilism, and On Buddhism) are all really great. Nishida's 'Inquiry into the Good.' Masao Abe's work dealing with cross-cultural philosophy is good stuff too. I also really like Ueda Shizuteru's stuff.

There is lots of contemporary scholarship on the school too. My favorite is 'Japanese and Continental Philosophy: Conversations with the Kyoto School' edited by Davis et al. Another good place to look is in the "Eastern Buddhist" journal..lots of good stuff there.
>>
Religion and Nothingness is a true masterpiece.

Don't read it though. I plan on being the guy who makes Nishitani cool in the West and my competition is already very minimal, just the way I like it
>>
>>8869529
That's what I'm doing too. Will be starting my MA on it soon.
>>
>>8869543
Good luck. I hope you fail, but may help pave the way for me.
>>
>>8869587
Good luck to you too. But I hope you don't fail. Because that is mean. I think Nishitani would agree with me if he were still around
>>
Nishida>Nishitani
>>
buinpm
>>
File: ep21-18m00s.png (628KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
ep21-18m00s.png
628KB, 850x478px
>>8869089
>Going to Kyoto
>Not learning animation at KyoAni

Waste of time desusenpai
>>
>>8871826
Nothingness and the Religious Worldview
>>
>>8869089
First read Heidegger. I haven't read either
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.