[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this cringey af /lit/: some people wear their scars like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: thisfuckingguy.jpg (8KB, 198x199px) Image search: [Google]
thisfuckingguy.jpg
8KB, 198x199px
is this cringey af /lit/:

some people wear their scars like badges, while others hide theirs under carpets. i don't know what to do with mine. they're like scuffs on a coffee table, they don't break the table, but it's not as nice as it was new. i guess ill just leave mine there, i don't think I'm ready for a new coffee table.

some people spill secrets like milk, while others tease them like scandals, while still others like to keep them secrets. i don't know what to do with mine. i don't have many, at least ones i haven't spilled. im starting to feel jealous of people who have secrets like trophy cabinets. all my secrets are just participation awards

some people are happy with others. im still not sure if I am. i was when i was 12, but the concept of love was like fireworks, which explode with colors in the air, and fade away into the dark sky. love is too complex for fireworks now. i don't know if im ready to leave those bright colors when even intimate hugs feel like dreams.

very few people are happy to be alone, for loneliness is like sailing on dangerous waters, ready to tip your boat at any second. it seems I've been away from land for too long, and the effects of the blue sea are wearing on me. i don't want to sail any longer, but ive lost my map and im not sure which way land is. some days ill ask myself what's the point, ill never find land anyways. and some days ill think of jumping off this ship and sleeping underwater

also, critique thread i guess
>>
Yes, it's absolutely horrible. Filled with clichés. Give up.
>>
>also, critique thread i guess
If you're too dumb to post it in the ongoing critique thread then there's no point in reading anything you've written.
>>
really terrible and cringey sorry lad
>>
your "some people are this, some people are that, but i'm like this" makes you less likeable; it gives off a vibe that you feel yourself to be unique / special, whereas other people are generic and cookie-cutter. its cringey

i like the coffee table scuffs line. i get this worn, apathetic feeling; the scars are just kind of there and you deal, but life goes on.
>>
>>8869043
It has some potential, but you're really trying too hard. Someone else mention not to do the "people are like this" "things are like that" technique, and I agree. No one wants a narrator who just has everything figured out and is doling wisdom out to the audience.

Stick with it, though, you can fix these mistakes.
>>
>>8869043
Put it in the actual critique thread next time. The thread you killed is already dead so here are the pieces you can keep:
>some people wear their scars like badges, while others hide theirs under carpets. i don't know what to do with mine. they're like scuffs on a coffee table, they don't break the table, but it's not as nice as it was new. i guess ill just leave mine there, i don't think I'm ready for a new coffee table.
ok if you're 15
>>8869043
>im starting to feel jealous of people who have secrets like trophy cabinets. all my secrets are just participation awards
i'm being generous to allow you these two together
have a children's song that's better than you
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbjoTQYNFAw
>>
>>8869345
>>8869652
>>8869683
i thought there wasn't a critique thread up, cause idk i cant fuckin read or something
but yeah, thanks for the suggestions friends
>>
>>8870906
>I can't fuckin read or something
You can't write either.
>>
>>8870957
sounds about right
>>
>>8869043
Kind of off topic but the very idea of solitude seems to be changing because of the internet.There must be very few people left who really don`t interact with others at all
>>
since were doing this, if the thread isnt dead

The mosquitoes are vicious
As the grey
Before the dawn
Is upon us

Rest by the river
Doors are locked
But the river
Is open

Mosquitoes love the river
The warm
Shallow ponds
Beside its banks

Mosquitoes mate
To create larvae
Larva lives
To outlive its origins

Mosquitoes feed
On the blood of humans
Much like
Their human counterparts

What do you think of that? Just a random piece I fished out of google docs. Just about positive its about not having anywhere to go at night, and watching the dawn.

Im not really a poet, was just trying to be edgy and depressed
>>
>>8869043
use your metaphors in a more practical way
>>
my haiku:

"who do you know here?"
said priam to the trojans
"are you guys freshmen?"
>>
>>8871906
actually yes
>>
>>8871919
lol true here's one i wrote yesterday, its supposed to be lyrics for a song:

i've got a degree
like a sickle cell
and i get free drinks
at the drunken shell
we both take xanax
then we both get off
we watch spider man
we don't talk a lot
and oh tell me sex drugs and edm make a man free
cause i'm sure starting to feel repulsed by the person i see

oh my dear maureen
will you marry me?
i'm sick of this lifestyle
that was sold to me
i want a house, yard, dog
and a family
i turn 28
in january
and i too hate to say the word love but on this christmas eve
it would sure be convenient to marry the girl next to me

the snow fell down
as you crossed the yard
i've never seen
it snow this hard
>>
>some hide their scars under carpets

In the FIRST LINE, I've already dropped it. What an atrocity
>>
>>8869255
Yeah, what he said tbqh. Disagree with the part about giving up, though. Keep writing and living and you will find your voice.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.