[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's so much negative stuff going on, and people as whole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1298474964540.jpg (9KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1298474964540.jpg
9KB, 241x230px
There's so much negative stuff going on, and people as whole (especially here) often seem very angry and cynical. To counter all this, what books would you recommend?

Also I was just thinking that I've been on 4chan daily for at least 10 years and it has probably affected my growth as a person to some degree. I mean 4chan isn't a place you'd recommend to a new acquitance would you? Perhaps it's time to stop?
>>
File: homepage_large.e1871030.jpg (59KB, 319x318px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.e1871030.jpg
59KB, 319x318px
>>8866336
Read the Greeks (I'm not joking)
No I would not recommend this place to anyone. It was time for me to stop in 2013.
>>
You don't need to counter the negativity. You need to get so high on negativity it does nothing.
>>
>>8866366
Oh I've done that already but after realizing what a miserabe life I'm living I decided it would be better to change.
>>
>>8866336
>Perhaps it's time to stop?
if you need to ask 4chan to answer this question for you then yes, yes it is.
>>
File: 1482189597165.jpg (59KB, 758x530px) Image search: [Google]
1482189597165.jpg
59KB, 758x530px
Just find something else to do like going to work
>>
>>8866336
John Steinbeck wrote a lot about how humans are naturally good and this nature allows us to overcome even the greatest misery. The Grapes of Wrath is probably the better example but East of Eden is also good.

Leo Tolstoy also wrote about how ultimately the goodness of humanity will triumph but I'm not familiar with him so can't recommend specific books.
>>
Stoicism even though you'll get memed in the end
>>
>>8866740
Anna Karenina's ending is absolutely brilliant but so simple at the same time

At the end of the book full of memorable characters and moments, and just fucking great writing, Levin realizes that he's found a place within himself where he's happy. It's as simple as that. He realizes he can choose to be happy

He looks around at the wilderness around him, and chooses to be happy. When his driver comes to get him, he smiles at the driver but then a minute later reprimands him and gets angry and sad.

He's then terrified he lost that place of inner happiness he had 10 minutes ago, but realizes that it's always there, even if he strays from it he can find it again

Made me really start to turn my life around even though it's dumb simple
>>
>>8866974
Anna Karenina is the only Tolstoy I've read but it is why I brought him up. I really liked the idea of the new generation of people inheriting the Earth being more enlightened (as represented by Kitty and Levin) while the old generation wastes away (Vronksy and Anna).
>>
File: pic related.png (258KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
258KB, 600x439px
>>
>>8866366
I did that years ago, it killed the happiness alongside the sadness. You can fight fire with fire but the end result usually burns up the flowers on the ground. Now I'm bleak and depressed and every philosophy feels like its memeing me.
>>
>>8867995
lol
>>
The Remains of the Day
Steppenwolf
Siddhartha
Paradise Lost
Tortilla Flat
Les Miserables
The Decameron
Fight Club
>>
>>8866625
All those pictures look like they're straight from a Tarantino movie.
>>
>>8866625
a e s t h e t i c
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.